Calendar of Events
Global Photo Contest
Co-sponsored by the Department of International Languages and Culture and the International Studies Committee. Submissions due by October 30. There will be three winners in each of three categories as well as a student choice award. Prizes will be given along with bragging rights! Winning photographs will be on display in the EAB Edward Jones Commons.
Contest Rules and Eligibility:
- Entrants must be current Webster students or recent participants of an international Webster University program
- Photos must be original work taken by the entrant (no edited photos will be accepted)
- Images must be a resolution of 300 dpi or higher
- Only .jpg photo format is accepted
- A completed entry form MUST accompany every entry. Send completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A maximum of two photographs total will be accepted, only one per category
- Photos must be free of inappropriate materials including alcohol and cigarettes
- Photos should be submitted in the following format: "lastname_title_category"
Global Photo Contest Winners Reception
Tuesday, November 17, 2015 at 4:30pm
East Academic Building - Edward Jones Commons, 2nd floor
Meet the photographers and enjoy a light snack!
International Symposium Series Lectures
The International Symposium Series will be ongoing throughout the academic year. ISS
is a lecture/presentation series in which speakers from Webster University and the
St. Louis community present on a variety of issues on a global level.
ISS takes place on Tuesdays from noon to 1:20pm in Sunnen Lounge unless otherwise noted.
|2015-16 ACADEMIC YEAR||Fall semester|
|Marie-Christine Williams, author of "Dark Side of Human Nature," will share her story of triumph over the most harrowing experiences to not only survive
but thrive in a new life
||September 8, 2015|
|Giles Pope, visiting faculty from Webster Vienna, "Service Learning in Kenya"
||October 6, 2015|
|Lindsey Kingston and Kate Parsons, Webster University Fulbright Scholars, "Contemporary Issues in Brazil"
*will be held in the UC Presentation Room
|November 3, 2015|
|Feel free to bring your lunch while attending these great presentations!
|Check us out on Twitter @Webster_CIE|
2015-2016 Center for International Education Cultural Series
New this year! This series will highlight celebrations held around the world. The aim is to introduce cultural traditions and show how they are spread and adapted by people in other regions over time. These events will also be held in Sunnen Lounge unless otherwise noted. Hope you can join us!
|Mid Autumn Festival
||12 - 2pm||September 21, 2015|
|Nigerian Independence Day
||4:30 - 6pm||CANCELLED|
|Day of Giving
||3 - 7pm||December 4, 2015|
For parking or other information, please contact the CIE at 314-246-7705 or visit the Staff page for further contact information.