Colorado Springs: Commencement
Steps to Graduation
We are excited to announce our date for the Colorado Springs Metropolitan Campus’ annual commencement ceremony.
Saturday, May 14, 2016
Colorado Springs Masonic Building Society
1150 Panorama Dr.
Colorado Springs, CO 80904-1715
If you wish to participate in the ceremony, please follow the following steps completely:
1. Submit a Petition to Graduate
Students completing their degree must fill out an online Petition to Graduate prior to graduation, at the time of registration for your final term. The main campus will not confer your degree or release your diploma until this form has been received. You may access the petition using the link below:
Please note: A student who completes a graduate degree, (including all required, elective, and transfer courses) while maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.950, receives Graduate Academic Honors. Accelerated sequential degrees are excluded from this designation. If you believe you qualify for honors, please contact the campus so they may verify.
2. Clear Business Office Accounts
Students who have completed all of their academic requirements to graduate must clear their Student Business Office account balance prior to diploma and transcript release. Credit card payments are subject to a 2.75% convenience fee. Check payments have a holding period of 10 days before release of transcripts. For more information, call the Business Office at 1-800-981-9803.
3. Complete RSVP
Complete and submit your RSVP to: email@example.com for the 2016 Commencement Ceremony, which will be held at Colorado Springs Masonic Building Society at 1150 Panorama Dr., COS, 80904, 2016 at 11:00am no later than April 25, 2016!
4. Purchase Your Cap and Gown
To order your Master's cap and gown, visit this site. Online ordering is now open. Please complete your order by Friday, April 22, 2016 to ensure your items are delivered before the commencement date. Shipping time is usually around 5 weeks. Do not leave this for the last minute!
Please note that there will be no representatives on campus, ordering will be handled exclusively online through the Jostens website.
- From the Jostens website, click on 'Graduation Caps & Gowns' on the right.
- Click on 'student' under Select your Collection.
- Select the appropriate Cap, Gown, and Tassel. (Note that the picture shows a black cap & gown, but the actual product will be dark blue)
- Click customize, and enter height/weight, and click next.
- From the drop box, select your major, and click next:
- If you are earning your Bachelor’s Degree: Select “Arts”
- If you are earning your Master’s Degree: Select “Arts” (This includes HR Development, HR Management, Management and Leadership, and etc.)
- If you are earning your Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA): Select “Business Administration”
- If you are earning your Master’s Degree in Health Administration: Select “Health Administration”
- Verify your info, and edit if necessary.
- Click add to cart, enter name, and click on checkout. Finish final steps to complete order.
- You will receive an immediate email confirmation of your order with a confirmation
number. Please keep this number for future reference. Once you receive your confirmation
number you know Jostens has the order!
If you have any questions regarding your order or you miss the online ordering deadline, you may call Jostens at 1-800-854-7464 and place your order by phone. Please note, this option will also incur an additional fee of $20.00.
5. Give us your number of guests:
Each graduate will receive a total of six (6) slots for guests. Graduates should inform their guests appropriately, and that seating is limited. If you need more than 6 guests, they will be put on a waiting list.
6. Send out Announcements
Commencement announcements and rings are available through Jostens.
7. Prepare for the Ceremony
Please read the Student Graduation Information Letter completely as it contains additional details. The letter will also be mailed and e-mailed to you with a map and directions attached.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Colorado Springs Metropolitan Campus at 719-590-7340.
We look forward to celebrating with you at the ceremony!