Colorado Springs: Commencement
Steps to Graduation
We are excited to announce our date for the Colorado Springs Metropolitan Campus’ annual commencement ceremony.
Saturday, May 13, 2017
Colorado Springs Masonic Building Society
1150 Panorama Dr.
Colorado Springs, CO 80904-1715
If you wish to participate in the ceremony, please follow the following steps completely:
1. Submit a Petition to Graduate
Students completing their degree must fill out an online Petition to Graduate prior to graduation, at the time of registration for your final term. The main campus will not confer your degree or release your diploma until this form has been received. You may access the petition using the link below:
Please note: A student who completes a graduate degree, (including all required, elective, and transfer courses) while maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.950, receives Graduate Academic Honors. Accelerated sequential degrees are excluded from this designation. If you believe you qualify for honors, please contact the campus so they may verify.
2. Clear Business Office Accounts
Students who have completed all of their academic requirements to graduate must clear their Student Business Office account balance prior to diploma and transcript release. Credit card payments are subject to a 2.75% convenience fee. Check payments have a holding period of 10 days before release of transcripts. For more information, call the Business Office at 1-800-981-9803.
3. Complete RSVP for You and Your Guests
If you plan to walk at graduation, please RSVP here for the 2017 Commencement Ceremony by April 15, 2017! Each graduate will receive a total of eight (8) slots for guests. Graduates should inform their guests appropriately, and that seating is limited. If you need more than 8 guests, they will be put on a waiting list.
4. Purchase Your Cap and Gown
To order your Master's cap and gown, visit this site. Online ordering is now open. Please complete your order by Friday, April 7, 2017 to ensure your items are delivered before the commencement date. Shipping time is usually around 5 weeks. Do not leave this for the last minute!
Please note that there will be no representatives on campus, ordering will be handled exclusively online through the Jostens website.
- From the Jostens website, click on 'Graduation Caps & Gowns' on the right.
- Click on 'student' under Select your Collection.
- Select the appropriate Cap, Gown, and Tassel. (Note that the picture shows a black cap & gown, but the actual product will be dark blue)
- Click customize, and enter height/weight, and click next.
- From the drop box, select your major, and click next:
- If you are earning your Bachelor’s Degree: Select “Arts”
- If you are earning your Master’s Degree: Select corresponding degree you are earning (Arts, Science, etc).
- If you are earning your Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA): Select “Business Administration”
- If you are earning your Master’s Degree in Health Administration: Select “Health Administration”
- Verify your info, and edit if necessary.
- Click add to cart, enter name, and click on checkout. Finish final steps to complete order.
- You will receive an immediate email confirmation of your order with a confirmation
number. Please keep this number for future reference. Once you receive your confirmation
number you know Jostens has the order!
If you have any questions regarding your order or you miss the online ordering deadline, you may call Jostens at 1-800-854-7464 and place your order by phone. Please note, this option will also incur an additional fee of $20.
5. Send out Announcements - Pending - You will be able to do this AFTER March 27th.
Commencement announcements and rings are available through Jostens.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Colorado Springs Metropolitan Campus at 719-590-7340.
We look forward to celebrating with you at the ceremony!
Directions to Ceremony
- From I-25, take the Fillmore exit and head west (towards the mountains). Continue on Fillmore until you get to Panorama, the Masonic Society Building is on the left.
- There will be a professional photographer present, so please order your photos from them. They will provide the forms. They will take a photo of you walking, receiving your letter, and your hooding, as well as any other photos shot you may want taken after the ceremony is over. Your guests are also welcome to take personal photos as well. Please be mindful of the professional photographer's needs as well in order to ensure the best photos possible.