Steps to Graduation
We are excited to announce our date for the Columbia Metropolitan Campus’ annual commencement ceremony.
Friday, June 2, 2017, 6–8 pm
Koger Center for the Arts
1051 Greene Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Students completing all degree requirements by the Spring 2, 2017 term will be permitted to walk in the ceremony! If you wish to participate in the ceremony, please follow the following steps completely:
1. Submit a Petition to Graduate
Students completing their degree must fill out an online Petition to Graduate prior to graduation, at the time of registration for your final term. The main campus will not confer your degree or release your diploma until this form has been received. You may access the petition using the link below:
Please note: A student who completes a graduate degree, (including all required, elective, and transfer courses) while maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.950, receives Graduate Academic Honors. Accelerated sequential degrees are excluded from this designation. If you believe you qualify for honors, please contact the campus so they may verify.
2. Clear Business Office Accounts
Students who have completed all of their academic requirements to graduate must clear their Student Business Office account balance prior to diploma and transcript release. Credit card payments are subject to a 2.75% convenience fee. Check payments have a holding period of 10 days before release of transcripts. For more information, call the Business Office at 1-800-981-9803.
3. Complete RSVP Card - Deadline has expired
4. Purchase Your Cap and Gown
To order your Bachelor's or Master's cap and gown, visit this site.
Please note that there will be no representatives on campus, ordering will be handled exclusively online through the Jostens website.
- From the Jostens website, click on 'Graduation Caps & Gowns' on the right.
- Click on 'student' under Select your Collection.
- Select the appropriate Cap, Gown, Tassel. (Note that the picture shows a black cap & gown, but the actual product will be dark blue)
- Click customize, and enter height/weight, and click next.
- From the drop box, select your major, and click next:
- If you are earning your Bachelor’s Degree: Select “Arts”
- If you are earning your Master’s Degree: Select “Arts” (This includes Counseling, HR Development, HR Management, and Management and Leadership)
- If you are earning your Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA): Select “Business Administration”
- If you are earning your Master’s Degree in Health Administration: Select “Health Administration”
- Verify your info, and edit if necessary.
- Click add to cart, enter name, and click on checkout. Finish final steps to complete order.
- You will receive an immediate email confirmation of your order with a confirmation
number. Please keep this number for future reference. Once you receive your confirmation
number you know Jostens has the order!
If you have any questions regarding your order or you miss the online ordering deadline, you may call Jostens at 1-800-854-7464 and place your order by phone. Please note, this option will also incur an additional fee of $20.00. Below is the listing of hood colors so you may verify you received the correct hood when your order arrives:
5. Pick Up Your Tickets
Each graduate will receive a total of eight (8) tickets for guests. Graduates should inform their guests that tickets will be required for entry and that seating is limited. No one will be permitted access to the ceremony without a ticket.
6. Send Out Announcements/Give Out Tickets
Send out your commencement announcements and provide your guest with their tickets. Announcements and rings are available through Jostens.
7. Prepare for the Ceremony
Please read the Student Graduation Information Letter completely as it contains additional
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Columbia Metropolitan Campus at 803-699-0900.
We look forward to celebrating with you at the ceremony!