Commencement Guest Information
The 98th Annual Commencement honoring all 2016–2017 graduates from August, October and December 2016 and March and May 2017 will be held Saturday, May 13, 2017 at the Muny in Forest Park.
The Muny in Forest Park #1 Theatre Drive Midtown St. Louis, MO 63112
About the Muny in Forest Park
Established in 1919, the Muny is America’s oldest and largest outdoor musical theatre
and one of St. Louis’ most enduring treasures. Webster University is proud to be the
only university Commencement held at this beautiful venue.
The Muny sits on a steep grade. This may pose some challenges for our graduates and our guests. To ensure a pleasant and comfortable experience for all attending Webster University’s Commencement Ceremonies we offer the following suggestions:
- For anyone who may have difficulty walking long distances or find the steep grade a challenge, we recommend you rent a wheelchair and bring it with you. The Muny has ample spaces for wheelchair parking in the theatre, which will allow your guest to remain in the wheelchair during the ceremony.
- We encourage all graduates to wear comfortable footwear. Graduates will process down the steep grade and tall heeled shoes are not recommended.
- The Muny is an outdoor venue and will be bathed in the sunlight. We recommend you bring sunscreen.
- Commencement Home
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Guest Information
- Ceremony Details & Locations
- Steps to Graduation
- Honorary Degree Nomination
- Extended Campus Location Ceremonies
- Academic Ceremonial Traditions
- Alma Mater
- December Toast