Communications: Job Opportunities
None at this time.
Job Description Summary
Webster University has an opening for a Coordinator for the School of Communications’ student success and outreach activities. Incumbent supports and facilitates student recruiting, retention, and success activities and events of the School of Communications. These activities include high school and community college outreach, recruiting events and activities, advising, internships, and student services, Communication Careers Week, Media Academy, summer programs, and other special events, including alumni, friends, partners, and other visitors.
The position reports to the Associate Dean, works closely with the Dean’s Office staff,
and requires close cooperation with the student services staff and the support staff
and Chairs of the academic departments, as well as interaction with support staff
from other departments of Webster University.
B.A. or B.S. required; experience in communication, education, or related fields desired
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; media skills desired
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and accurately when completing multiple assignments
• Ability to work and communicate successfully with diverse audiences, both internal and external
• Strategic communication, outreach and engagement activities, relationship management, or related experience
• Experience with hosting and event management
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Facility with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other common software tools
• Knowledge of Adobe programs and other digital media tools desired
• Ability to exercise critical human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with faculty, students, and staff colleagues throughout the university, and externally
• Supports and facilitates high school and community college outreach activities, Summer Programs, recruiting events, and related activities.
• Provides administrative support, including communication and coordination, for student services, including internships, portfolio development, and advising.
• Participates in the development, implementation, evaluation, and quality improvement of new student success activities, including retention initiatives and working with students facing challenges.
• Manages events for recruiting, student success, and other activities, including Summer Programs, Careers Week, Media Academy, and hosting visitors.
• Communicates, interacts, and coordinates with external partners, visitors, and alumni as needed; builds and maintains successful relationships across all domains of work.
• Participates in the School’s strategic communication efforts, executing communication and promotion plans, and creating and posting written content for social media.
• Interfaces closely with the departmental associates of other departments.
• Uses discretion in handling information.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Additional information - Human Resources Job Opportunities web page
Student Job Opportunities
None at this time.
For the latest information about other employment opportunities at Webster University, including graduate assistantships in other areas of the University, please check with Human Resources.
- Apply Now
- About the School of Communications
- Mission and Vision
- Student Success
- Meet the Faculty
- Facilities and Equipment
- Dean's Office
- Executive Council
- Advisory Board
- Job Opportunities
- Contact Information
- Faculty Resources
- News, Events and Affliates
- Student Media
- Student Resources