Mission and Vision
The School of Communications, a worldwide educational organization of student-centered
staff and faculty, prepares graduate and
undergraduate students who achieve excellence in ever-changing global communication fields.
We do this by providing theory and practice in media courses framed within a liberal arts-based curriculum, augmented by personalized mentorship and professional development opportunities.
The School of Communications houses and supports:
- The May Gallery, a photographic exhibit space;
- The Webster University Film Series a comprehensive alternative film series allowing students, faculty, and community members to view independent features and documentaries, avant-garde films, animation, retrospectives, and short works and offering filmmaking workshops to students and the community;
- The Journal, an award-winning student newspaper offering print and Internet news;
- Idea Tree Media, a client-services media production group;
- The Galaxy, a student-operated radio station;
- The Ampersand, an award-winning student magazine
The faculty, staff, and administration of the School of Communications at Webster University will:
- gain recognition for our unique programs and for setting the standard in quality communications education;
- be committed to global education and to producing global citizens;
- build on our strengths in integration of theory and practice and create an innovative, entrepreneurial environment to help students succeed;
- equip students with a valuable education grounded in a traditional liberal arts foundation that will respond to the current and future needs in this rapidly changing communications field.