Webster University is a pioneer in audio education by teaching the subject as it relates to all media while still emphasizing a hands-on approach. Students work with professional-grade equipment throughout their academic program.
Audio Production majors and minors produce music recordings, radio spots, run live sound for concerts, learn sound design and mix audio for video and film throughout their time at Webster. Of equal importance, they learn audio history and theory.
Many students complete internships as part of their audio production degree program. Webster students have various internship opportunities, which include stints at major recording studios, sound reinforcement companies and radio stations across the country. International opportunities also are available.
The faculty are professionals working in their field as well as educators. They speak frankly about Audio Production as a career choice and available jobs in the industry. Following graduation, students are capable of working in a variety of fields in the audio industry.
Webster University is an educational member of the Audio Engineering Society. Webster's student section of the Audio Engineering Society is one of the most active and successful chapters worldwide.
Successful alumni with a degree in Audio Production include:
- Bruce Buechner, audio engineer for Snoop Dog, Ruben Studdard, Christina Milan, Lil Jon, Jamie Foxx and Mary J. Blige.
- Matt "Buster" Allen, audio engineer for Garth Brooks
- Brian Barrrale, Los Angeles-based composer and arranger for "Aliens of the Deep," "Heart of the Beholder," and "Nancy Drew: The Secret of Shadow Ranch"
- Chelsea (VandeDrink) Crutcher, recording engineer for the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
Audio Production Academic Programs
To read about specific program requirements, learning outcomes and how to apply, click on a program from the following list:
- Bachelor of Arts in Audio Production (B.A.)
- Bachelor of Arts in Audio Production with emphasis in International Audio Production (B.A.)
- Minor in Audio Production
- Apply Now
- About the School of Communications
- Undergraduate Programs
- Master's Degrees
- Online Programs
- Audio Aesthetics and Technology Department
- Communications and Journalism Department
- Electronic and Photographic Media Department
- News, Events and Affliates
- Student Media
- Student Resources
- Faculty Resources