Magazines are publications that a majority of the public enjoys reading on a regular basis. The Certificate in Magazine Production will allow you to explore and learn the aspects of producing a magazine, including writing, editing, layout and design and photography, from professionals in the field.
Webster faculty are working, professional journalists. Their insight will help you perfect essential elements of reporting, writing and producing news and features. You'll also get plenty of hands-on training working for the university's award-winning publication The Ampersand, a biannual magazine.
The Ampersand is the student-produced magazine of Webster University. One thousand issues of The Ampersand are printed each semester and distributed free to students, faculty, and staff at Webster. In addition to work produced by The Ampersand staff, the magazine contains original work by Webster students to provide an outlet for sharing creativity and success on campus.
Successful graduates of this program will be able to:
- demonstrate the elements of magazine production, including writing articles suitable for a magazine, devising the overall content, assigning stories, editing, scheduling production and working with printers
- demonstrate aesthetically appealing magazine layout and design
- demonstrate photojournalism principles
Magazine Production Academic Programs
To read about specific program requirements, learning outcomes and how to apply, click on a program from the following list:
- Apply Now
- About the School of Communications
- Undergraduate Programs
- Master's Degrees
- Online Programs
- Audio Aesthetics and Technology Department
- Communications and Journalism Department
- Electronic and Photographic Media Department
- News, Events and Affliates
- Student Media
- Student Resources
- Faculty Resources