Speech Communication Studies
The power of language and the spoken word is focus of students majoring in Speech Communication Studies.
This program offers both a major and minor in Speech Communications and is designed to provide students with an understanding of the oral communication process, in both technical and non-technical contexts. Students study everything from forensics and presentation to rhetorical awareness and analysis.
Many participate with Webster University's award-winning forensics and debate team. The team regularly competes on the national level and, in 2005, hosted the five-day Pi Kappa Delta Biennial National Convention and Tournament.
Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communication Studies Concentrations:
- Interpersonal and Relational Communication
- Professional Speaking and Performance
- comprehensive general approach to the field.
Speech Communication Studies Academic Programs
To read about specific program requirements, learning outcomes and how to apply, click on a program from the following list:
- Apply Now
- About the School of Communications
- Undergraduate Programs
- Master's Degrees
- Online Programs
- Audio Aesthetics and Technology Department
- Communications and Journalism Department
- Electronic and Photographic Media Department
- News, Events and Affliates
- Student Media
- Student Resources
- Faculty Resources