Certificate in Entrepreneurship - Audio Production Majors
To develop individuals capable of identifying opportunities in today's challenging business environment. Those meeting the Certificate's requirements are prepared to assume the efforts and risks associated with bringing these opportunities to reality.
The Certificate in Entrepreneurship consists of a series of stimulating courses for undergraduate business and non-business majors. Courses in the Certificate promote entrepreneurial thinking among students. They help develop the necessary real-world skills for founding and growing a business venture. Student learning is assessed through course grades and by the demonstration of these skills through the development and presentation of a viable business plan at the end of the Certificate curriculum.
The 18-credit hour Certificate is comprised of six courses. These courses allow students to focus course projects on their individual business concept. Students completing the program are awarded a Certificate in Entrepreneurship from the School of Business and Technology.
The curriculum's foundation is built upon a core of three 3-credit hour courses all students are required to take. Core courses center on integrating entrepreneurship, business theory, and “real-world” applications.
The Certificate program concludes with a 3-credit hour project (capstone) course. This course brings the entrepreneurial process together through development of business plans. Each student writes an individualized business plan, presenting the plan to a review panel comprised of successful entrepreneurs.
Audio Production Majors
The core courses are followed with elective courses focusing on “business development”.
Entrepreneurship Core Courses and Capstone
- MNGT 3700 – Introduction to Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- MNGT 3450 – Principles of Organizational Behavior
- BUSN 3710 – Entrepreneurial Financial Management (New Course)
- MNGT 4960 – Entrepreneurship Certificate Project Course (New Course)
Entrepreneurship Audio Production Track
- AUDI 4400 - Audio Facility Management & Operations
- AUDI 4700 - Professional Development in Audio Production
- Audio Program Information
- Program Philosophy
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship
- Student Projects
- AES Student Summit
- Audio Engineering Society (AES)
- Audio Aesthetics and Technology
- Communications and Journalism
- Electronic and Photographic Media
- Graduate Studies