Animation and Animation Production
An extraordinary animator is one who can successfully integrate content and technique while distinguishing quality animation from a technical exercise.
At Webster University, undergraduate students have the option to earn a certificate or minor in Animation Production and major in Animation. Students pursuing an Animation degree learn core principles and techniques, storytelling skills and how to use traditional and digital animation tools.
Webster graduates work in the industry with companies such as Disney, Dreamworks, Sony Pictures Imageworks, Motion Picture Company, Dark Horse, Industrial Light and Magic, Digital Domain, Stereo D, and Legend 3D. Students have gone on to become successful professionals and have worked on portions of "King Kong," "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" and all three installments of "The Lord of the Rings."
Showcased Work from Animation Students
Animation Academic Programs
To read about specific program requirements, learning outcomes and how to apply, click on a program from the following list:
- Bachelor of Arts in Animation (B.A.)
- Minor in Animation Production
- Undergraduate Certificate in Animation Production
- Apply Now
- About the School of Communications
- Undergraduate Programs
- Master's Degrees
- Online Programs
- Audio Aesthetics and Technology Department
- Communications and Journalism Department
- Electronic and Photographic Media Department
- News, Events and Affliates
- Student Media
- Student Resources
- Faculty Resources