Film, Television & Video Production
Film, Television & Video Production majors and minors learn how the people, concepts and technology work together to create movies, documentaries, narrative, corporate and experimental productions. In addition to learning the role of each person on a set, students balance theory with extensive hands-on experience to gain production knowledge.
This program offers a systematic and thorough approach in learning the craft and aesthetics of motion picture production in both traditional and digital formats. For students interested in telling stories through the use of film and motion pictures, the Film, Television & Video Production program gives them the opportunity to become media professionals who are capable of communicating through the aesthetics of videography.
Early in the program, students develop and execute their own projects. Progressing through the curriculum, undergraduates continue to make their own films and video or focus on different areas of interest such as directing, producing, editing, animation or visual effects.
Points of Distinction
- Award-winning faculty video and filmmakers who have worked in the art, production and camera departments of major motion pictures and produced films on networks including PBS and The Discovery Channel share practical, real-world techniques.
- Unique internship program designed to enhance the curriculum.
- Students often use their work as professional portfolio pieces for future employment.
- The opportunity for international documentary production and film study at our campuses in Leiden, the Netherlands; Cha-am/Hua Hin, Thailand; Geneva, Switzerland; London, England; and Vienna, Austria.
- Webster University hosts the Webster Film Series - a nationally recognized, year-round film exhibition program.
Film, Television & Video Production Academic Programs
To read about specific program requirements, learning outcomes and how to apply, click on a program from the following list:
- Bachelor of Arts in Film, Television & Video Production (B.A.)
- Minor in Film, Television & Video Production
- Apply Now
- About the School of Communications
- Undergraduate Programs
- Master's Degrees
- Online Programs
- Audio Aesthetics and Technology Department
- Communications and Journalism Department
- Electronic and Photographic Media Department
- News, Events and Affliates
- Student Media
- Student Resources
- Faculty Resources