In the spring, The Center hosts a networking event for students and organizations. The Center's annual OPPORTUNITIES event takes place in the University Center, where representatives from student and professional clubs, associations, and societies are invited to meet with students and share information about their organizations and the importance of networking.
OPPORTUNITIES 2014 is scheduled for Wednesday, February 19 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the University Center Sunnen Lounge. Representatives from media professional associations, student organizations, and student media are scheduled to participate. All School of Communications students are encouraged to attend so they can get familiar with the organizations and learn how to get involved.
Here's the list of attending organizations:
- American Marketing Association www.ama-stl.org
- American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP) www.asmpstl.org
- Audio Engineering Society (AES) www.aesstl.org
- Business Marketing Association (BMA) www.bma-stl.org
- Community Service Public Relations Council (CSPRC) www.csprc.org
- International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees www.iatse493.org
- International Association of Business Communicators - St. Louis (IABC) www.iabcstl.org
- International Game Developers Association www.igdastl.org
- International Special Events Society - St. Louis Chapter (ISES) www.isesstl.org
- National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences - Mid America (NATAS) www.emmymid-america.org
- Press Club of Metropolitan St. Louis www.stlpressclub.org
- Public Relations Society of America - St. Louis (PRSA) www.prsastlouis.org
- Social Media Club STL www.smcstl.com
- Audio Engineering Society www.websteraes.org
- Forensics and Debate www.webster.edu/communications/students/clubs-organizations/forensics-debate.html
- Gorlok Television www.facebook.com/pages/Gorlok-TV/131259807237
- Latent Image www.facebook.com/latentimagewu
- Public Relations Student Society of America www.facebook.com/webuprssa
- SIGGRAPH www.wusiggraph.com
- Society of Professional Journalists - Student Chapter www.stlstudentspj.wordpress.com
- The Ampersand www.websterampersand.com
- The Galaxy Radio www.the galaxyradio.com
- The Journal www.websterjournal.com
- Video Game Club www.facebook.com/groups/177392844048
In the fall, the Center for Portfolio Development & Internships hosts the Internship Expo, where students have the opportunity to speak with organization representatives, learn about potential internships, hand out resumes, and show professional portfolios. Students at any stage of their academic career can benefit from this excellent networking opportunity.
The 2013 Internship Expo brought in 40 organizations from a variety of production houses; commercial studios; agencies; non-profits; publications; radio, television, and sports entertainment entities; corporate settings; and cultural institutions, offering more than 100 internship opportunities for students.
Follow us on social media:
Schedule an appointment: