Center for Portfolio Development & Internships: Organizations
Thank you for your interest in the School of Communications academic internship program. Without organizations willing to open their doors to promising students, this program wouldn't enjoy the success that it does.
We want qualified students to gain entry-level experience in their chosen fields of study, and we want organizations to experience the benefit of an intern dedicated to learning and achieving success.
This is where you come in.
In order for our program to grant academic credit for an internship, our host organizations must meet certain criteria including, but not limited to, the following:
- Internship supervisor is established professional in field/industry, with significant professional experience and preferably a degree/certification in the student’s area of study
- Student intern is provided opportunity to assist on and/or perform what the industry would consider entry-level work
- Host organization provides a dedicated commercial workspace and all necessary equipment for student intern to perform his/her duties, tasks and assignments
- Internship provides an opportunity for student to perform a minimum of 192 hours of supervised work for three credit hours
- Supervisor evaluates student’s performance through completion of Midterm and/or Final Evaluations
If your internship opportunity meets all of the above criteria, please click through the following links for information on the process. Since Webster University's School of Communications is always searching for new intern partnerships to expand the number of real world experiences available to qualified students, we welcome the possibility of establishing a partnership with you.
Mission: The Webster University School of Communications Center for Portfolio Development & Internships is dedicated to preparing students in successfully launching a career in their chosen field of study through providing them assistance with developing portfolios and securing internships.
The Center is affiliated with: