We are a fully operating campus radio station with the most up-to-date technology. Whether you’re serious about radio as a career or just exploring, we would love to talk to you!
Galaxy Radio Club
How can the Galaxy Radio Club help me grow?
Whether you have a passion for music, sports, news, talk shows, production, marketing, or leadership, the Galaxy Radio Club can enhance your skills by giving you hands-on training.
Polish your skills in:
- Creative expression
- Marketing and promotions
- Social media
- Audience engagement
- Voice inflection and projection
- Digital radio production
You can do all this while you add credentials to your resume and network with professional broadcasters.
What type of leadership roles are available and what would I be responsible for in each role?
- General Manager - Supports student management team on all station activities
- Program Director - Makes station programming decisions, communicates with on-air staff, assists with station events
- Promotions Director - Markets station throughout campus for specific station promotions, works with social networking
- Production Director- Produces and schedules station promos, assists DJ’s with station
- Music Director - Discovers, adds and schedules music logs to station library
- Local Project Director - Researches, produces and schedules interviews, podcasts, and articles for station website of local opportunities of interest to students for station. Related topics will include music and local events on and off campus
- Sports Director - Identifies all appropriate sporting events and sports news for station, schedules play-by-play programming and schedules announcers for broadcast.
- Web Master - Works with station website needs including social media, effective web designing, assists with set up of online station surveys
Is the Galaxy Radio Club right for me?
The Galaxy Radio Club is dedicated to giving all Webster students a voice on our station. So whatever you’re studying, there’s a place for you here! There are many areas where the Galaxy Radio Club fits in perfectly with your field of study including:
- Advertising and Marketing Communications
- Public Relations
- Broadcast Journalism
- Business Administration
- Audio Production
- Speech Communication Studies
- Professional Writing
For more information, please contact us 314-246-7503 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Manager: Brittney Madison
Production Director: Sonca Nguyen
Pro Gear- Cat Goeke, BA in Video Production, 2013
“At Webster, I had access to industry standard equipment from my first day at school and professors to provide training so I could make the most of it. As I made my way through the program, my access to new and more advanced equipment expanded.”
Creative Community- John Schwartz, BA in Audio Production, 2013
“Working with the Audio Engineering Society was an amazing experience because as a group you pull off things that seem like they shouldn’t be possible.”
Professional Networking- Jesse Baugh, BA in Scriptwriting, 2015
“My involvement with the Webster Film and Video Society has pushed me in a positive direction by helping me make the connections I need to break into the film industry.”
Student Involvement- John Schwartz, BA in Audio Production, 2013
“The Audio Engineering Society Summit is an incredibly ambitious undertaking for a student organization, and I’m really proud to have been a part of it.”
Helpful Staff- Cat Goeke, BA in Video Production, 2013
“The staff at the Media Center do their best to handle questions, repairs, and long lines of stressed-out students as quickly and pain-free as possible.”
- Apply Now
- About the School of Communications
- Academic Programs
- News, Events and Affiliates
- Student Resources
- Publications and Radio
- Student Resources
- Academic Advising
- Career Resources
- The Center for Portfolio Development and Internships
- Graduate Academic Advising
- Portfolio Review
- Student Forms
- Student Honors
- Student Organizations
- Undergraduate Course Sequences