Galaxy Radio Club
What is the Galaxy Radio Club?
We are a fully operating campus radio station with the most up-to-date technology. Whether you’re serious about radio as a career or just interested in exploring your creative skills, we would love to talk to you about the opportunities at the Galaxy Radio. No experience necessary!
How can the Galaxy Radio Club help me grow?
Whether you have a passion for music, sports, news, talk shows, production, marketing, or leadership, the Galaxy Radio Club can enhance your skills by giving you hands-on training.
Polish your skills in:
- Creative expression
- Marketing and promotions
- Social media
- Audience engagement
- Voice inflection and projection
- Digital radio production
You can do all this while you add credentials to your resume and network with professional broadcasters.
What type of leadership roles are available and what would I be responsible for in each role?
- General Manager - Supports student management team on all station activities
- Program Director - Makes station programming decisions, communicates with on-air staff, assists with station events
- Promotions Director - Markets station throughout campus for specific station promotions, works with social networking
- Production Director- Produces and schedules station promos, assists DJ’s with station
- Music Director - Discovers, adds and schedules music logs to station library
- Local Project Director - Researches, produces and schedules interviews, podcasts, and articles for station website of local opportunities of interest to students for station. Related topics will include music and local events on and off campus
- Sports Director - Identifies all appropriate sporting events and sports news for station, schedules play-by-play programming and schedules announcers for broadcast.
- Web Master - Works with station website needs including social media, effective web designing, assists with set up of online station surveys
Is the Galaxy Radio Club right for me?
The Galaxy Radio Club is dedicated to giving all Webster students a voice on our station. So whatever you’re studying, there’s a place for you here! There are many areas where the Galaxy Radio Club fits in perfectly with your field of study including:
- Advertising and Marketing Communications
- Public Relations
- Broadcast Journalism
- Business Administration
- Audio Production
- Speech Communication Studies
- Professional Writing
For more information, please contact us 314-246-7503 or at email@example.com.
Mentor: Mary Cox
- Anime Society
- Audio Engineering Society (AES)
- Forensics and Debate Team
- Galaxy Radio Club
- GTV Club
- Latent Image Photography Club
- Marketing Communications Club
- Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA)
- Society of Professional Journalists
- Video Game Club
- Webster University SIGGRAPH Chapter
- Webster Film and Video Society
- Ninth Annual Central Region AES Student Summit