Surfacing Theatre is Webster's primary performance, playwriting, and directing student organization. Students have the opportunity to write, direct, tech, or perform in our annual Fall Musical Revue, Spring One-Act Festival, Monologue Festivals, and much more!
Surfacing has, in the past, been primarily a student playwriting competition. In the Spring of every year, we've produced these works with student directors and actors, creating one of the only theatre avenues for students who are not in the Conservatory. Two years ago, we expanded to include a Fall Musical Revue, which allowed us to have more participants and one of our biggest shows since Surfacing's inception!
The 2012-2013 Season is as follows:
Fall Musical Revue
A Memory, a Monologue, a Rant, and a Prayer*
The Vagina Monologues*
Surfacing: An Emerging Playwrights Festival**
All are welcome to Join!
*In Conjunction with Students for Gender Equality
**In Association with The Literature Club
- Anime Society
- Audio Engineering Society (AES)
- Forensics and Debate Team
- Galaxy Radio Club
- GTV Club
- Latent Image Photography Club
- Marketing Communications Club
- Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA)
- Society of Professional Journalists
- Video Game Club
- Webster University SIGGRAPH Chapter
- Webster Film and Video Society
- Eighth Annual Central Region AES Student Summit