Experience Music & Culture from Around the Globe
COMMUNITY MUSIC SCHOOL
Explore Music! was established to develop increased exposure to and experience with music of all cultures. With the belief that all musical styles are equally valid, the Community Music School endeavors, through the Explore Music! Program, to foster social harmony, trust, understanding, and appreciation of all cultures.
Explore Music! JAPAN
Sunday, June 12, 2016 from 12-3 p.m.
Edward Jones Commons in the East Academic Building on the campus of Webster University
FREE and open to the public. For all ages.
Experience the music and culture of Japan. Enjoy performances by Niji Choral Group and Japanese instrumental ensemble, Gaku. Participate in traditional Japanese art projects - origami and more. Taste authentic Japanese cuisine from Nobu (available for purchase).
Past Explore Music! Events:
Explore Music! THAI Temple Visit
Sunday, October 19, 2014
* Experienced music performed by the Thai Temple Band.
* Learned about the Thai culture and historical context of Thai music.
* Tasted Thai food at the Food Fair.
* Meet members of the St. Louis' Thai community.
Explore Music! INDIA - May 16, 2014
Explore Music! BRAZIL - February 15, 2014
- Explore Music! JAPAN
- Explore Music! TRADITIONAL AMERICAN
- Explore Music! INDIA
- Explore Music! BRAZIL
- Explore Music! AFRICA
- Explore Music! MIDDLE EAST
- 90th Anniversary Celebration
- How to Register
- Meet the Faculty
- Current Students
- Make a Tuition Payment
- Contact Us
- News and Events
- Support the CMS
- Information for Faculty and Staff
- School Calendar
- Explore Music
- Re-Enrollment Form for Continuing Individual & Suzuki Lesson Students
- Find Out More