Make a Tuition Payment
COMMUNITY MUSIC SCHOOL
If you have your online Connections account set-up:
The CMS staff is always willing to assist you with any step of this process!
(314) 968-5939 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition may be paid in one of following ways:
1. By check: All students will be mailed a paper billing statement around the 6th of each month as long as there is a balance due. You may pay this bill by mailing a check to the following address. Be sure to send the top half of the statement or write the student’s ID# on the check:
P.O. Box 191165
St. Louis, MO 63119-7165
2. By credit card, debit card (Master Card, VISA, Discover or American Express*) or electronic bank transfer:– This is only possible through your Online Account: When your student is registered with the CMS, you are given a student ID#, activation code and letter with directions for setting up your online account. This is more environmentally friendly and allows you to view your account at any time to see your balance due, payments made, and discounts applied. It is a secure system. Be sure to set up email forwarding to your personal email account. *Please note there is a 2.75% convenience fee charged by the credit card companies when paying by credit card online.
You will be notified by e-mail around the 6th of the month, when a balance is due, that your statement is ready to be viewed. A link will be provided in the e-mail taking you to the Connections home page: http://connections.webster.edu You will log-in to Connections to view your statement and make a payment by credit card or electronic bank transfer.
3. Set up automatic payments through personal bank directing bank to send check indicating student ID# to Webster University, PO Box 191165, St. Louis, MO 63119-7165
Monthly Payment Plan: Students may choose to make monthly payments on their semester tuition charges.
Those who select this option will be charged a monthly interest rate of 1.5% on the
balance remaining after the first due date of each semester. Failure to maintain the scheduled monthly payments may
result in cancellation of lessons/classes/rehearsals.
There is a $25.00 fee for each returned check. If a check is returned, reimbursement must be made by money order or cash.
Tuition from previous semester must be paid in full before students may register for the following semester. Members of orchestras or ensembles with unpaid CMS tuition balances from previous academic years for any CMS program must pay in full prior to auditions and the first rehearsal of each semester or will not be able to participate in the orchestra/ensemble.
The Community Music School reserves the right to require those students with a history of delinquent payments to go into a “pre-payment” status, in which the student must pay IN FULL for the entire semester and any past due balances before enrollment may continue.
Payments must be posted to the students account on or before the dates shown below. Please allow time for receipt and processing:
|Fall||Statement Available Online By||Payment Due Date*|
* A monthly 1.5% interest charge will be assessed on balances remaining on account after the first due date. To avoid all interest charges, full tuition balance must be paid by first due date
of each semester.
**Account balances must be paid in full by these dates for continuous enrollment.
CASHNet® is the university's partner in providing e-statements. Students will receive e-mail notifications each time a new billing statement is available, when there is a balance due. Parents may set up e-mail forwarding to have the notifications forwarded to a personal email address.
CASHNet® allows Community Music School bill payers to make online check payments/electronic checks in addition to credit card payments using MasterCard, Discover, VISA and American Express. A credit card convenience fee of 2.75% is applied. For security purposes, you may not pay by credit card over the phone or in person.
How to Set-up Your Online Connections Account
When a student is registered for a CMS lesson, class or ensemble, a letter is e-mailed
to the parent/bill payer with the student ID#, activation code and explicit directions
for setting up the online billing account via Connections on the Webster University
website. If you do not have this letter, contact the CMS office for assistance, (314)
968-5939 or e-mail email@example.com.
Through this process you will establish your Connections username and password.
Click here for How to Set up your Online Connections Account.
Log-in to Your Student Account
Go to www.webster.edu and log-in to Connections. This will require the student's Connections username and password determined when setting up the Connections account. You will then be able to view and pay your bill.
If multiple students from one family are enrolled at the CMS, you must have an account for each student and log-in to each separately.
- Tuition & Fee Rates
- Financial Assistance and Scholarships
- Check out our Frequently Asked Questions section about Online billing
- Questions? Call (314) 968-5939 or email firstname.lastname@example.org