Kindermusik® For the Young Child
COMMUNITY MUSIC SCHOOL
Ages: 5-7 years old, parent or caregiver attend the last 10 minutes
For your budding musician, Kindermusik for the Young Child provides an exciting, pressure-free class where your big kid can develop a strong musical foundation by learning the concepts, language, notation, and vocabulary of music and its greatest composers. Through a variety of fun things for kids, engaging activities, Young Child students explore rhythm, notation, musical symbols and authentic pre-keyboard, string and woodwind instruments – as well as their own instrument, the voice. You’ll be amazed as your child astonishes you with his newfound ability to create musical compositions and you’ll love the many ways our kids music classes prepare your young musician for a successful future in school and in music lessons.
Fall 2013 Classes:
Semester 1 (for new students) focuses on beat versus no beat, percussion and brass instruments, melodic direction, exploring the staff and notation. The glockenspiel, a pre-keyboard instrument, is introduced, as are the themes "Music Is Everywhere," "Meet the Mallets," and "Discovering Melody and Mozart."
Semester 3 (continuing students only) focuses on stringed instruments with the introduction to their very own dulcimers.
Other musical concepts taught include call and response, improvisation, meter, notation,
and a touch of Tchaikovsky. Themes include "Music of Appalachia," "Music of the Sea,"
and "Native American Music."
Class structure: 1 class per week for 14 weeks
Class Length: 60 minutes/week
Fall 2013 Semester: September 7 - December 21, 2013
|Fall 2013 Schedule||Webster Groves
First United Methodist Church
JCC Marilyn Fox Building
|600 N. Bompart
Webster Groves, MO 63119
|16801 Baxter Rd.
Chesterfield, MO 63005
|Tuesday||5:30-6:30p - Young Child 1|
|Wednesday||4-5p - Young Child 1
5:15-6:15p - Young Child 3
|Thursday||4:30-5:30p - Young Child 3|
Tuition: $217 per semester, plus kit fee & $10 per semester registration fee
Material Kit Fees:
- Fall semester 1: $82 for new students includes Glockenspiel, carry bag, CD, songbook, and folder with home activities.
- Fall semester 1: $32 for sibling kit includes folder with home activities, excludes Glockenspiel, carry bag, CD, and songbook.
- Fall semester 3 (returning students only): $82 includes dulcimer, CD, songbook, and folder with home activities.
- Fall semester 3 (returning students only): $32 for sibling kit includes folder with
home activities, excludes dulcimer, CD, songbook, and carry bag.
- Registration Form
- Meet the Educators
- Class times & locations
- Weekly calendar
- Questions? Call (314) 968-5939 or email Carol Commerford at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Kindermusik Academy and Young Years Music Classes Offered
- Kindermusik Village (birth-18 months with adult)
- Kindermusik Our Time (18 months-3.5 years old with an adult)
- Kindermusik Imagine That (3-5 years old)
- Music by Leaps and Bounds (3-4 years old)
- Music for Little Mozarts (4-6 years old with an adult)
- Kindermusik Family Time (6 months-6 years with adult)
- Individual Lessons
- Suzuki Strings Program
- Kindermusik & Young Years Music Program
- Orchestras and Ensembles
- Preparatory Program
- Summer Music Programs
- Young Composers Competition
- How to Register
- Meet the Faculty
- Current Students
- Make a Tuition Payment
- Contact Us
- News and Events
- Support the CMS
- Information for Faculty and Staff