Kindermusik® For the Young Child
COMMUNITY MUSIC SCHOOL
For your budding musician, Kindermusik for the Young Child provides an exciting, pressure-free class where your big kid can develop a strong musical foundation by learning the concepts, language, notation, and vocabulary of music and its greatest composers. Through a variety of fun things for kids, engaging activities, Young Child students explore rhythm, notation, musical symbols and authentic pre-keyboard, string and woodwind instruments – as well as their own instrument, the voice. You'll be amazed as your child astonishes you with his new found ability to create musical compositions and you'll love the many ways our kids music classes prepare your young musician for a successful future in school and in music lessons.
Spring 2015 Classes:
Spring Semester 2 - Playing simple musical patterns and songs on the featured instrument from the first session—the glockenspiel—is a central focus this semester. While learning to sing a melody, and then play the pattern on the glockenspiel, we'll delve deeper into the understanding of musical concepts such as piano and forte through orchestra-style music such as the William Tell Overture and Peter and the Wolf. Music appreciation and understanding continues with a complete introduction to the instruments—and the families in which they're grouped—of the orchestra.
Spring Semester 4 (continuing students only) - In this final semester, we'll introduce the recorder instrument. As your child is introduced to basic methods of playing simple melodic patterns and songs on this wind instrument, we'll also incorporate the instruments, concepts, and songs from previous semesters. With a special emphasis on multicultural music, your child will learn to improvise and write music, as well as experience the musical styles of the Pacific Islands, Europe, and Africa; plus play special dances and children's games from around the world, including Alpine dances, Mexico, and Ecuador.
Your Home Materials provide the music, instruments, stickers, and activities for a home version of the
same playful activities you'll hear about from class, so your child—and you!—can learn
where you're most comfortable: at home.
Class structure: 1 class per week for 14 weeks
Class Length: 60 minutes/week
Spring Semester: January 26 - May 22, 2015
First United Methodist Church
|600 N. Bompart
Webster Groves, MO 63119
|Thursday||4:30-5:30p - Young Child 4 for Returning Students Only
5:45-6:45p - Young Child 2
Tuition: $217 per semester, plus kit fee & $10 per semester registration fee
Material Kit Fees:
- Fall semester 1/Spring semester 2 (new Young Child students): $82 includes children's folder with stickers,
games bag, music at home cards, family songbook, home CD of music from class, glockenspiel, and canvas bag.
- Fall semester 1 sibling kit: $32 includes folder with home activities, no CD, songbook, canvas bag, and glockenspiel.
- Spring semester 2 (for returning Young Child students): $56 includes children's folder with stickers, games bag, and music at home cards, family songbook, home CD music from class.
- Spring semester 2 sibling kit: $32 includes folder with home activities, no CD, songbook, carry bag, and glockenspiel.
- Fall semester 3: $82 includes children’s folder with stickers, games bag, and Music At Home Cards, Family Songbook, home CD of music from class, and dulcimer.
- Fall semester 3 sibling kit: $32 includes folder with home activities, no CD, songbook, and dulcimer.
- Spring semester 4 (returning students only): $60 includes children's folder with stickers, games bag, and music
at home cards, family
songbook, home CD of music from class, and soprano recorder.
- Spring semester 4 sibling kit: $32 includes folder with home activities, no CD, songbook, and recorder.
- Registration Form for Spring 2015
- Meet the Educators
- Class times & locations for Spring 2015
- Weekly calendar for Spring 2015
- Policies, payment plan, and tuition assistance
- Questions? Call (314) 968-5939 or email Carol Commerford at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Kindermusik Academy and Young Years Music Classes Offered
- Kindermusik Village (birth-18 months with adult)
- Kindermusik Our Time (18 months-3.5 years old with an adult)
- Kindermusik Imagine That (3-5 years old)
- Music by Leaps and Bounds (3-4 years old)
- Music for Little Mozarts (4-6 years old with an adult)
- Kindermusik Family Time (6 months-6 years with adult)
- Individual Lessons
- Suzuki Strings Program
- Kindermusik & Young Years Music Program
- Orchestras and Ensembles
- Music Today
- Preparatory Program
- Summer Music Programs
- Young Composers Competition
- How to Register
- Meet the Faculty
- Current Students
- Make a Tuition Payment
- Contact Us
- News and Events
- Support the CMS
- Information for Faculty and Staff
- School Calendar
- Explore Music