Kindermusik® Imagine That
COMMUNITY MUSIC SCHOOL
Age: 3-5 years with an adult last 15 minutes
Imagine That! takes your preschooler on an incredible musical journey… a journey that is limited only by the power of imagination. Singing becomes a focus for enhancing your preschooler's vocal development as her expressive language is just beginning to emerge. Pretend play activities are integrated with music, vocal development, storytelling, movement and literature to capture your child's potential to learn and to encourage her cognitive and literacy skills, creativity and individuality. You will be amazed at just how far a little imagination…and a lot of music… can go.
Fall 2014 Class: “Hello Weather! Let’s Play Together!”- Sunshine, rain, snow, thunderstorms, and more in this imaginative and delightful weather-related musical adventure. Preschoolers create storm sounds with a drum to “Wild Storms,” jump in pretend puddles to “Mud Puddle Jump,” throw pretend snow-balls to “Snowballs,” and sing along to “Colors of the Rainbow.” With weather as our learning theme, preschoolers will explore musical styles that range from Opera to American folk, and become more self-sufficient in a creative musical environment that integrates music, pretend play, storytelling, movement, and more.
Spring 2015 Class: “Cities! Busy Places – Friendly Faces" - In this unit, sidewalks, elevators, skyscrapers, and world-traveling photographers are the theme. Learning through the pretend play that preschoolers adore, we'll be rhythmically busy playing storytelling games and handcrafting city "buildings" from boxes and paper at home so we can make a cityscape in class! Plus every activity has some at-home adaptations so the parent can take part in the learning. With a pair of resonator bars as a featured instrument, and a multicultural, jazzy collection of music, preschoolers will develop the social and intellectual skills they'll need in school.
Class Structure: 1 class per week for 14 weeks
Class Length: 45 minutes/week
Fall Semester: September 6 – December 20, 2014
Spring Semester: January 26 - May 22, 2015
|Fall 2014 Schedule||Des Peres
|1050 Des Peres Rd.
Des Peres, MO 63131
|Tuesday||12:30-1:15p - Class FULL|
Strauss Center at Faust Park
JCC Marilyn Fox Building
|14941 Olive Blvd.
Chesterfield, MO 63017
|16801 Baxter Rd.
Chesterfield, MO 63005
|1050 Des Peres Rd.
Des Peres, MO 63131
Tuition: $196 per semester, plus kit fee, & $10 per semester registration fee.
Material Kit Fees:
- $70 per semester - 2 CDs, 2 books, activity book, instrument, and backpack or $59 per semester without back pack
- Sibling kit - $43 per semester for students whose older siblings have CD and books or $34 per semester without back pack
- Registration Form for Fall 2014
- Registration Form for Spring 2015 (opens December 9th)
- Meet the Educators
- Class Times & Locations for Fall 2014
- Class Times & Locations for Spring 2015
- Weekly Calendar for Fall 2014
- Weekly Calendar for Spring 2015
- Policies, payment plan and tuition assistance
- Questions: Call (314) 968-5939 or email Carol Commerford at email@example.com
Other Kindermusik Academy and Young Years Music Classes Offered
- Kindermusik Village (birth-18 months with adult)
- Kindermusik Our Time (18 months- 3½ years old with an adult)
- Kindermusik For the Young Child (5-6 years old)
- Kindermusik Family Time (6 months-6 years with adult)
- Music by Leaps & Bounds (3-4 years old)
- Music For Little Mozarts (4-6 years old with adult)
- Individual Lessons
- Suzuki Strings Program
- Kindermusik & Young Years Music Program
- Orchestras and Ensembles
- Music Today
- Preparatory Program
- Summer Music Programs
- Young Composers Competition
- How to Register
- Meet the Faculty
- Current Students
- Make a Tuition Payment
- Contact Us
- News and Events
- Support the CMS
- Information for Faculty and Staff
- School Calendar
- Explore Music