COMMUNITY MUSIC SCHOOL
Age: newborn-18 months with an adult
In Kindermusik Village baby music classes, we start with that special connection between you and your child, add in our unique blend of musical learning activities, and top it all off with the joy of shared experiences with the other adults and children in your class. Whether it's dancing with your child around a maypole, cuddling together for Quiet Time, or exploring a gathering drum with the friends you've made in class, Kindermusik Village will be an experience like no other.
Fall 2014 class:
"Zoom Buggy" weeks 1 – 7 Swoosh, vroom, and clickety-clack your way through this delightful unit. Babies and adults will dance, sing, and play instruments to the theme of being on the go. Chug around the room to the song “Little Red Caboose,” hold on tightly while “Riding in the Buggy,” and dance your way to “Zoom-e-oh!” Engage in rituals and playful activities such as infant massage, lap bounces, exercise, and quiet time.
"Dream Pillow" weeks 8 – 14 This title alone brings images of rocking, cuddling, singing, and learning how to
lull your little one to sleep. But there are also many upbeat and playful activities.
Babies and adults will swirl to a dreamy cloud dance “Meet Me Tonight in Dreamland.”
They’ll also play baby appropriate instruments to “Aiken Drum,” and “Sarasponda.”
Favorite nursery rhymes like “Wee Willie Winkie,” and “Diddle, Diddle, Dumpling,”
are sprinkled throughout the classes.
Spring 2015 class:
"Hickory, Dickory, Tickle and Bounce" weeks 1-7 Research shows the more you expose your baby to nursery rhymes and songs, the stronger those emerging language-learning skills will be. That's why these Mother Goose-like stories and rhymes are the main theme of this class. Plus, you'll develop research-proven communication strategies with your child through listening activities, speaking "parentese," and sign language.
"The Rhythm of My Day" weeks 8-14 This class will help you bring more rhythm and routine to your baby's day, as well as help develop lasting learning skills. We'll show you how and tell you why music can help your little one soothe into the day’s schedule and help build a strong body and mind network for learning. You can bring home those same stress-free play and relaxation techniques from class, and incorporate them into your daily routines.
Class Structure: 1 class per week for 14 weeks or mini-session for 7 weeks
Class Length: 40 minutes/week
Fall Semester: September 6 - December 20, 2014
Spring Semester: January 26 - May 22, 2015
|Fall 2014 & Spring 2015 Schedule||Webster Groves
First Methodist Church
JCC Marilyn Fox Building
Kol Rinah Children's Center
|600 N. Bompart
Webster Groves, MO 63119
|16801 Baxter Rd.
Chesterfield, MO 63005
|1050 Des Peres Rd.
Des Peres, MO 63131
|829 N. Hanley Rd.
University City, MO 63130
Tuition per 14-week semester: $189 per semester, plus kit fees, & $10 per semester registration fee
Tuition per 7-week semester: $98 per semester, plus kit fees, & $10 per semester registration fee
Material Kit Fees
- $76 per semester for full 14-week session (both Zoom Buggy & Dream Pillow for the fall semester and Hickory, Dickory, Tickle and Bounce & the Rhythm of My Day for the spring semester) 2 CDs, 2 books, 2 instruments, 4 wall banners
- $41 per semester for mini-session 1 music CD, 1 baby's literature book, 2 wall banners
- No fee for babies whose older siblings have all materials
- Optional sibling materials with unique new CD, instrument and case - $44 per semester for full session and $23 per semester for mini-session
- Registration form for Fall 2014
- Registration form for Spring 2015 (opens December 9th)
- Meet the Educators
- Class times and locations for Fall 2014
- Class times and locations for Spring 2015
- Weekly calendar for Fall 2014
- Policies, payment plan, and tuition assistance
- Questions? Call (314) 968-5939 or email Carol Commerford at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out Kindermusik Village in action!
Other Kindermusik Academy & Young Years Music Classes Offered
- Individual Lessons
- Suzuki Strings Program
- Kindermusik & Young Years Music Program
- Orchestras and Ensembles
- Music Today
- Preparatory Program
- Summer Music Programs
- Young Composers Competition
- How to Register
- Meet the Faculty
- Current Students
- Make a Tuition Payment
- Contact Us
- News and Events
- Support the CMS
- Information for Faculty and Staff
- School Calendar
- Explore Music