Kindermusik® Academy and Young Years Music Program Policies
If you have your online Connections account set-up:
Early Enrollment Discount: $10 is deducted from tuition for a 14-week class (or $5 for a 7-week class) if registered on or before August 12 for fall and January 13 for spring.
Demo Day Discount: $10 for a 14 week class (or $5 for a 7-week class) is deducted from tuition if baby or child is registered at a Demo Day session.
Sibling/Twin Discount: $15 is deducted for 14-week classes ($7.50 for 7-week Village session). The first child is registered for the full tuition and each additional sibling or twin is registered with a $15 tuition discount.
Referral Discount: $10 discount is applied to one current child's tuition for each referred child enrolled.
Tuition Assistance: The CMS offers a tuition assistance program that is based on a family's total household
income. A percentage discount is provided based on the total household income with
highest discount being 67%. Click here to download a Tuition Assistance form and instructions.
Tuition Assistance forms should be submitted with or prior to the registration form in order to determine eligibility. Tuition assistance is not awarded retroactively. The assistance is applied once the award is determined and communicated to you. If you choose to begin classes before the award is determined, you will be responsible for the full tuition up to the date of the award.
A Tuition Assistance form must be completed for each child.
PLEASE NOTE: If a child receives Tuition Assistance, no other discounts may be applied.
Registration fee: Each class enrollment has a $10 per semester, per child registration fee charged in
addition to tuition and materials kit fees.
-Back to the Top-
Withdrawal/Refund Policy: Withdrawal Deadline: August 12 for fall and January 13 for spring
If registration is withdrawn on or before August 12 for fall and January 13 for spring, only the $10 registration fee will be charged and the rest refunded.
After August 12 for fall and January 13 for spring, if registration is withdrawn, the $10 registration fee and a $40 withdrawal fee will be charged and the rest refunded.
There are no refunds after the 3rd week of classes.
There are no refunds for opened materials.
-Back to the Top-
If a teacher misses a class, a make-up class will be offered.
If a child misses a class due to illness, arrangements may be made to make up that class at another time. Contact your own teacher** at least 48 hours before the make-up class and she will make arrangements with the teacher whose class you would like to visit.
If the class you would like to visit is too full and additional children and adults will negatively impact the educational value for the families enrolled in that class, a teacher may choose not to approve a family requesting a make-up class but will offer an alternative.
You may use this privilege no more than 3 times per semester. Please be respectful of this offer and use it only for classes missed due to illness. This is not to make up classes where a family chooses another activity or family function over their scheduled class time.
Make-up classes are not provided when inclement weather or any other unforeseeable circumstances force the closing of a location for safety considerations.
** Maureen Bolain: email@example.com Malinda Thompson: firstname.lastname@example.org Nancy Love: email@example.com Jeanne Magee: firstname.lastname@example.org Karen Zelle: email@example.com
The Community Music School and all of its programs will be closed when Webster University closes.
School closing announcements will be made on KSDK Channel 5 TV, KMOX 1120 AM radio, www.webster.edu, www.ksdk.com, and www.stltoday.com, the CMS Facebook page, or by calling (314) 968-5939. Parents may also sign up for automated campus closing alerts at www.webster.edu/technology/websteralerts. Sign up must be renewed every two years.
Every effort will be made to avoid canceling classes due to bad weather.
The Lodge-Des Peres informs participants of building closures through the hotline, 314-835-6102 or the website: www.thelodgedesperes.com
The JCC, Marilyn Fox Building in Chesterfield lists facility hours and closings on the website: www.jccstl.com
Payment: Families are encouraged to pay in full by check with their registration form.
After the January 13 deadline and classes are finalized, the students are entered in the CMS computer program. At this point NEW families will be e-mailed a letter with your child’s ID# in it. Please keep that for future reference. You will also receive directions for making payments if there is a balance due on your account. If you prefer, you may choose to set up your online billing account. This is optional. Even if you have paid in full, you may want to consider setting this up as it is a good way to keep track of your account. But it is optional!
If you have paid in full, no further action is required. Thank you so much!
Payment Plan Available: If a family would like a monthly payment plan to split up the remaining payments,
the following options are available.
1. A minimum deposit of $60, paid by check, was required with the submission of the registration form as noted above. (A larger deposit is also acceptable.)
2. You will be mailed a paper billing statement for the remainder around the 6th of the month once entered into the CMS billing system. You may pay the remaining balance or a portion of it by check. Directions with mailing address are included.
3. You may also choose to set up an online billing account using Webster University’s online portal CASHNet® via Connections on the Webster University website. Through online billing you may pay your outstanding
balance by credit/debit card or electronic check/bank transfer. (More information
below.) Every NEW student to the CMS will be emailed an ID #, activation code and
letter with directions for setting up your online account. This is more environmentally
friendly and allows you to view your account at any time to see your balance due,
payments made, and discounts applied. It is a secure system. We recommend that you
set up e-mail forwarding to your personal e-mail account so you don't have to check
You will be notified by e-mail around the 6th of the month, when a balance is due, that your statement is ready to be viewed. A link will be provided in the e-mail taking you to the Connections home page: http://connections.webster.edu You will log-in to Connections to view your statement and make a payment by credit card or electronic check/bank transfer. You may also print it out and mail it in with a check.
Payment Plan Installments:
Payments in full should be made by the first due date of each semester in order to avoid interest charges. (Please allow a few days for mail and processing). After the first payment due date, a 1.5% interest charge will be assessed on the remaining balance. This is true of each subsequent payment as well. See chart below.
Payments must be posted to the student’s account on or before the dates shown below:
|Fall 2016||Statement Available Online by||Payment Due Date*|
|January (only for classes confirmed in December)||1/6||2/1|
* A monthly 1.5% interest charge will be assessed on balances remaining on account after the first due date.
**Account balances must be paid in full by these dates for continuous enrollment.
Personal Check options:
(Please note that the CMS will email you the student ID# after class confirmations.)
1. A CMS billing statement will be mailed to your home address when there is a balance due. Mail the statement and check indicating the student ID# to the P.O. Box noted below.
Mail check or money order, including student name and ID#, to:
P.O. Box 191165
St. Louis, MO 63119-7165
2. If you know the amount due you do not need to wait for a billing statement. Simply mail a check indicating the student name and ID# to the P.O. Box address above or take it to the CMS main office at 535 Garden Ave in Webster Groves, 63119 on the Webster University campus next to the Loretto-Hilton Center.
3. If you have an online account, download the billing statement from Webster University's online portal CASHNet® via Connections and mail the statement and check indicating the student name and ID# to the P. O. Box noted above. (Directions to set up the online billing account are e-mailed to the parents. See previous section.)
Bank transfer/Electronic check options:
1. Using Webster University's online portal CASHNet® via Connections, you may transfer payment directly from your bank account, also described as an electronic check. There is no fee for this action!
2. Set up automatic bank transfer through your own bank. Contact your bank to set up automatic payments. Each month a balance is due, direct your bank to send the check, indicating the student name and ID#, to the P.O. Box noted above. Please allow for 7 days for payment transfer. You must know the amount due.
You may pay with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express using Webster University's online portal CASHNet® via Connections on the Webster University website, www.webster.edu.
A 2.75% credit card convenience fee, charged by the credit card companies, will be applied.
For your protection, Webster University does not receive credit card payments over
the phone or in person, only online.
- Individual Lessons
- Suzuki Strings Program
- Kindermusik & Young Years Music Program
- Orchestras and Ensembles
- Music Today
- Preparatory Program
- Summer Music Programs
- Young Composers Competition
- How to Register
- Meet the Faculty
- Current Students
- Make a Tuition Payment
- Contact Us
- News and Events
- Support the CMS
- Information for Faculty and Staff
- School Calendar
- Explore Music
- Re-Enrollment Form for Continuing Individual & Suzuki Lesson Students
- Find Out More