Music by Leaps and Bounds
COMMUNITY MUSIC SCHOOL
Ages: 3-4 years old, parent or caregiver attend the last 15 minutes
Our Young Years music educators have combined their years of experience and expertise to write a music curriculum tailored to the educational needs of your 3- and 4-year old.
Your child will experience the joy of expressing himself through music in a weekly class setting. Class activities are designed to foster the development of rhythm competency, singing skills, awareness of music theory, and confidence of movement in a nurturing, creative environment, providing a solid foundation for further musical study.
Fall Semester - "Music...Unleashed!" Unleash the music potential in your child! Experience music and movement through the eyes of Camille Saint-Saëns and his Carnival of the Animals. Musical opposites such as legato and staccato, high and low sounds, slow and fast tempos, crescendo and decrescendo are explored with the whimsical animals of Saint-Saëns.
Spring Semester - "Songs in My Suitcase" Pack your bags and head to Europe, Africa and Asia to experience the folk music of other cultures. Songs, rhymes, dances, games and musical instruments from other lands help build a firm music foundation.
Class Structure: 1 class per week for 14 weeks
Class Length: 45 minutes/week
Fall Semester: September 7 - December 21, 2013
|Fall 2013 Schedule||Webster Groves
First United Methodist Church
Strauss Center at Faust Park
|600 N. Bompart
Webster Groves, MO 63119
|14941 Olive Blvd.
Chesterfield, MO 63017
Tuition: $199 per semester, plus kit fees & $10 per semester registration fee.
Materials Kit Fee:
- $40 for new students includes Carnival of the Animals picture book, listening CD, a triangle and striker, two wooden rhythm sticks, and a tote bag.
- Please inquire about sibling kits.
- Materials are non-refundable once opened.
- Registration Form
- Meet the Educators
- Class times & locations
- Weekly calendar
- Questions? Call (314) 968-5939 or email Carol Commerford at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Kindermusik Academy and Young Years Music Classes Offered
- Kindermusik Village (birth-18 months with adult)
- Kindermusik Our Time (18 months-3 ½ years old with adult)
- Kindermusik Imagine That (3-5 years old)
- Kindermusik For the Young Child (5-7 years old)
- Kindermusik Family Time (6 months-6 years with adult)
- Music for Little Mozarts (4-6 years old with adult)
- Individual Lessons
- Suzuki Strings Program
- Kindermusik & Young Years Music Program
- Orchestras and Ensembles
- Preparatory Program
- Summer Music Programs
- Young Composers Competition
- How to Register
- Meet the Faculty
- Current Students
- Make a Tuition Payment
- Contact Us
- News and Events
- Support the CMS
- Information for Faculty and Staff