Music for Little Mozarts
COMMUNITY MUSIC SCHOOL
Age: 4-6 years with an adult
Join the adventures of Beethoven Bear and Mozart Mouse as they travel from play room
to the practice room to the recital hall. Music for Little Mozarts combines age-appropriate piano instruction with general musicianship activities to
promote overall musical development. Skills taught include listening, pitch matching,
keyboard technique and performance, singing, rhythm, movement, and music appreciation.
Parents, as in all music lessons for young children, play a very important role in Music for Little Mozarts. Parents are required to attend lessons and share in the learning process at home as they partner with their child to lay the foundation for a lifetime of musical enjoyment. Parents must supervise practice and read directions to the student. In addition to practice sessions at the piano, parents should discuss the pictures in the books with the child, read the story in the Music Lesson Book to him/her, and listen to the CDs together as a family.
Fifteen minutes of practice time three to five days per week is requested. You will be required to have either a piano or a touch-sensitive electronic keyboard with full-sized keys on which your child and you can practice at home.
Music for Little Mozarts semester 1 is open for new students. Semester 2 is open for continuing students or those with some previous piano experience or permission of the teacher. Semesters 3 and 4 are open for continuing students only. This sequential program builds on the knowledge and skills of the preceding semesters.
Class Structure: 1 class per week for 14 weeks
Class Length: 45 minutes/week
Spring Semester: January 30-May 17, 2017 (starting and ending dates vary by location, please see the weekly calendar)
First United Methodist Church
Strauss Center at Faust Park
|600 N. Bompart
Webster Groves, MO 63119
|14941 Olive Blvd.
Chesterfield, MO 63017
|Monday||4:15-5p Music for Little Mozarts 2
5:15-6p Music for Little Mozarts 2
6:15-7p Music for Little Mozarts 4 (continuing students only)
|Tuesday||5:15-6p Music for Little Mozarts 2 (continuing students or by permission of the teacher)
6:15-7p Music for Little Mozarts 1
|Thursday||5-5:45p Music for Little Mozarts 3 (continuing students only)|
|Saturday||9-9:45a Music for Little Mozarts 1|
Spring 2017 Tuition: $217 per semester, plus kit fees & $10 per semester registration fee.
Materials Kit Fees:
- Semester 1: $56 includes music lesson book, workbook, music discovery book, flash cards, magnetic/dry erase activity board, Beethoven Bear and Mozart Mouse plush toys, 2 home CDs, and carry bag. No sibling kit for Semester 1.
- Semester 2: $56 includes music lesson book, workbook, music discovery book, flash cards, and 2 home CDs.
- Semester 2 sibling kit: $20 includes music lesson book and workbook - no CDs, discovery book or flashcards.
- Semester 3 (continuing students): $56 includes music book, workbook, music discovery book, flash cards, and 2 home CDs.
- Semester 3 (continuing students) sibling kit: $20 includes music lesson book and workbook - no CDs, discovery book or flashcards.
- Semester 4 (continuing students only): $56 includes music lesson book, workbook, discovery book, flashcards, and 2 home CDs.
- Semester 4 (continuing students only) sibling kit: $20 includes music lesson book and workbook - no CDs, discovery book or flashcards.
- Materials are non-refundable once opened.
- Registration Form for Spring 2017
- Meet the Educators
- Class times & locations for Spring 2017
- Weekly calendar for Spring 2017
- Policies, payment plan, and tuition assistance
- Questions? Call (314) 968-5939 or email Carol Commerford at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Kindermusik Academy & Young Years Music Classes Offered
- Individual Lessons
- Suzuki Strings Program
- Kindermusik & Young Years Music Program
- Orchestras and Ensembles
- Preparatory Program
- Summer Music Programs
- Young Composers Competition
- How to Register
- Meet the Faculty
- Current Students
- Make a Tuition Payment
- Contact Us
- News and Events
- Support the CMS
- Information for Faculty and Staff
- School Calendar
- Explore Music
- Re-Enrollment Form for Continuing Individual & Suzuki Lesson Students
- Find Out More