Music for Little Mozarts
COMMUNITY MUSIC SCHOOL
Age: 4-6 years old with a parent or caregiver
Join the adventures of Beethoven Bear and Mozart Mouse as they travel from play room
to the practice room to the recital hall. Music for Little Mozarts combines age-appropriate piano instruction with general musicianship activities to
promote overall musical development. Skills taught include listening, pitch matching,
keyboard technique and performance, singing, rhythm, movement, and music appreciation.
Parents, as in all music lessons for young children, play a very important role in Music for Little Mozarts. Parents are required to attend lessons and share in the learning process at home as they partner with their child to lay the foundation for a lifetime of musical enjoyment. Parents must supervise practice and read directions to the student. In addition to practice sessions at the piano, parents should discuss the pictures in the books with the child, read the story in the Music Lesson Book to him/her, and listen to the CDs together as a family.
Fifteen minutes of practice time three to five days per week is requested. You will be required to have either a piano or a touch-sensitive electronic keyboard with full-sized keys on which your child and you can practice at home.
Spring Semester offers Music for Little Mozarts semesters 2 and 4 for continuing students. This sequential programs builds on the knowledge and skills of the preceding semesters.
Class Structure: 1 class per week for 14 weeks
Class Length: 45 minutes/week
Spring Semester: January 27 - May 17, 2014
|Spring 2014 Schedule||Webster Groves
First United Methodist Church
Strauss Center at Faust Park
|600 N. Bompart
Webster Groves, MO 63119
|14941 Olive Blvd.
Chesterfield, MO 63017
|Monday||5:15-6:00p - Music for Little Mozarts 4, returning students only
6:15-7:00p Music for Little Mozarts 2, returning students - Class is FULL
|Tuesday||6:15-7:00p Music for Little Mozarts 2, returning students|
Tuition: $198 per semester, plus kit fees & $10 per semester registration fee.
Materials Kit Fees:
- Semester 2 $50 includes music lesson book, workbook, music discovery book, flash cards, and 2 home CDs.
- Semester 2 sibling kit: $16 includes all the above minus CDs, discovery books and flashcards.
- Semester 4 $50 includes music book, workbook, music discovery book, flash cards, and 2 home CDs.
- Semester 4 sibling kit: $16 includes all above minus CDs, discovery books and flashcards.
- Materials are non-refundable once opened.
- Registration Form
- Meet the Educators
- Class times & locations
- Weekly calendar
- Policies, payment plan, and tuition assistance
- Questions? Call (314) 968-5939 or email Carol Commerford at email@example.com
Other Kindermusik Academy & Young Years Music Classes Offered
- Individual Lessons
- Suzuki Strings Program
- Kindermusik & Young Years Music Program
- Orchestras and Ensembles
- Music Today
- Preparatory Program
- Summer Music Programs
- Young Composers Competition
- How to Register
- Meet the Faculty
- Current Students
- Make a Tuition Payment
- Contact Us
- News and Events
- Support the CMS
- Information for Faculty and Staff