Sex: Choosing to Wait
Abstinence means waiting to have sex. And, a lot of young people are choosing abstinence. Why? Here are some of their top reasons.
- I'm just not ready for sex.
- I'd rather not have to think about birth control and safer sex.
- I don't want to risk HIV or any other sexually transmitted disease.
- I'm not ready to risk pregnancy.
- I'm following my values.
- I'm honoring my religious beliefs.
- I want to wait for a committed relationship or marriage.
- I'm not ready for the emotional stress of a sexual relationship.
- It's my body, my decision!
- Beating Homesick
- Abusive Relationship
- Myths of Therapy
- Codependency vs. Interdependency
- Eating Disorders
- Domestic Abuse
- Stress 101
- Choosing to Wait
- Dysfunctional Relationships
- Counseling Home
- Alcohol and Drug Prevention
- Sexual Offense Survivors Support
- Meet the Staff
- Easy Self-Assessment