Community Economic Impact
Source: Webster University Office of Finance and Administration and Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI), 2016
- $86.3 M – The net impact (income supporting the Webster Groves economy) of the University’s operations spending in Webster Groves
- $81.9 M – Payroll expenditures to support daily University operations in the City of Webster Groves; $49.9 M - Non-payroll expenditures to support daily University operations in Webster Groves.
- $1.2 – New income generated for the City of Webster Groves from University-affiliated outside-of-city visitors attending University events (Commencement, sports events, Homecoming and various other University sponsored cultural activities)
- 4,474 – The number of students enrolled at the Webster Groves campus (for fall 2015).
- 94 Percent – Graduate and undergraduate students attending the University who originate outside the City of Webster Groves.
- $.8 M – Added income to the Webster Groves economy from students who relocated to and spent money in Webster Groves.
- 1,475 – The number of employees on the Webster Groves campus, making the University the largest employer in Webster Groves (as of Fall 2015).
- 336 – The number of Webster University employees living in 63119.
The University provides many cultural resources for the community — many of which are open to the public and free of charge.
- 48 – Conservatory of Theatre Arts theater annual performances
- 240 – Repertory Theatre of St. Louis annual performances
- 13 – Webster University Dance annual performances
- 120+ – Webster University Music Department annual performances
- 95 – Community Music School of Webster University annual performances
- 29 – Opera Theatre of Saint Louis annual performances
- 13 – Art and photography annual exhibits
Webster University is a sponsor of the following community activities:
- Make a Difference Day
- Webster Groves Chamber Heart of the Community
- Webster Groves Community Days
- Art and Air Festival
- Old Webster Jazz and Blues Festival
- Farmers Market
- Old Orchard Gazebo Series
- Webster Groves Historical Society