Undergraduate and Graduate Programs
Undergraduate Programs (BA)
Our undergraduate degrees, which are accredited by NCATE and DESE, are designed for individuals who are interested in the field of education.
- Education (BA) with Certification in the following areas:
- Art (Grades K-12)
- Early Childhood (Pre-kindergarten - Grade 3)
- Elementary (Grades 1-5)
- Foreign Language (French, German, or Spanish) (Grades K-12)
- Middle School Education (Grades 5-9) with Emphasis in Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, or Social Studies
- Secondary English (Grades 9-12)
- Secondary Mathematics (Grades 9-12)
- Social Studies (Grades 9-12)
- Special Education (Mild/Moderate/Cross-Categorical) (Grades K-12)
- Unified Science (Grades 9-12)
- Educational Studies (without certification)
The following undergraduate minors are offered by the School of Education and can be taken with any Webster undergraduate major.
Graduate Programs (MA, MAT, MET and EdS)
Our Master's degrees, which are accredited by NCATE and DESE, are designed for individuals who hold a baccalaureate degree in any field and are seeking initial teacher certification.
Our Master's degrees, which are accredited by NCATE and DESE, are designed for individuals in education or other professional fields who want to expand their knowledge and gain additional expertise. Most of these degrees have admission essay requirements.
- Applied Educational Psychology (MA)
- Communication Arts (MA) also offered online
- Early Childhood Education (MA)
- Education for Global Sustainability (MA)
- Education and Innovation (MA) also offered online
- Educational Technology (MET) also offered online
- Mathematics for Educators (MA)
- Reading (MA)
- Special Education (MA)
- Teaching English as a Second Language (MA) also offered online
Our Educational Specialist (EdS) degrees, which are accredited by NCATE and DESE, are designed for individuals in education or other professional fields who want to expand their knowledge and skills beyond the master's level. These degrees have admission essay requirements.
- Applied Educational Psychology: School Psychology (EdS)
- Educational Leadership (EdS) also offered online
- Educational Technology Leadership (EdS) offered exclusively online
- School Systems Superintendency & Leadership (EdS) also offered online
Our new Doctor of Education (EdD) is designed to increase student knowledge through
transformative learning and service learning. Candidates build an internal capacity
to share their expertise and become visionary leaders in the global community. We
are pleased to announce this new program will begin in Summer 2015. See our calendar for upcoming Info Session dates.
- Applied Behavior Analysis New!
- Assessment of Learning & Cognitive Development
- Education for Global Sustainability - *EFGS Program Website
- Gifted Education and Talent Development
- Immigrant and Refugee Education
- Mobile Technology in Education New!
- Online Teaching and Learning offered exclusively online
- Pedagogical Coordination in the Reggio Emilia Approach
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- Psychoeducational Needs of Immigrant and Refugee Youth New!
- Teacher Leadership
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language - *TESL Program Website
- Tiered Instruction & Intervention: RTI & PBIS New!
- Writing for Educators
- Assessment/ Accreditation
- Campus Locations
- Faculty and Staff Directory
- Teacher Certification
- Departments & Centers
- Course Schedules
- Sustainability Institute for P12 Educators
- Intercultural Research Center
- School of Education Home
- Apply Now
- Future Students
- About the School
- Academic Programs
- Register For Classes
- Current Students
- In-Service Programs
- Resources for Faculty