Student Writing Resources
There are a variety of resources available to assist your students with their written work.
The Writing Center offers free and friendly writing advice to all students, staff, and faculty at Webster University. Trained coaches will help with every stage of the writing process, from brainstorming ideas to documenting sources.
Graduate Success Strategies: A 9-week online writing course for graduate students that work closely with instructors to improve their writing skills, which are essential to success in a graduate program. This course is one credit hour and is available each term.
Writing Assistance Tool in WCR -
The Writing Assistance Tool is available in every WorldClassRoom Course, and includes a variety of writing resources for your students, including
- Online Writing Center: Writing assistance is available to Webster University students attending classes at the extended campuses in the U.S. or across the globe, to students enrolled in online classes, and to graduate students at the Webster Groves campus.
- Library Guides: The Library makes available research and citation guides for student reference when completing written work.
- Refworks: An online bibliographic management service that stores citations from articles, books, or other source materials that may be exported in any number of formats, including APA, MLA, etc.
- TurnItIn Guide for Students: Available to students are instructions for using TurnItIn in assignments.
Plagiarism Prevention Resources for Students
Student Guide to Avoiding Plagiarism provides information and resources to help students learn how to complete your course work without plagiarizing. The tutorial is available for first time and for returning students who need a review on avoiding plagiarism.
- Plagiarism Prevention Program
- Assessing Student Learning
- Creating and Maintaining an Accessible University Classroom
- Understand Active Learning
- Student Writing Resources
- Welcome to Webster University
- Policies and Guidelines
- Technology Resources
- Using the Library
- Course Administration
- Student Services
- Improving Learning