Library Resources and Services
As you learned in an earlier section of this course, the mission of Emerson Library, Webster University's main library in St. Louis, is to support the teaching, research and intellectual pursuits of Webster University communities worldwide. Emerson Library offers a wealth of resources and special services to students to support their research. All of the following library resources and services are available to your students.
- Online databases (Link opens in a new window): locate articles, books, financial data, and other types of information
- Books (Link opens in a new window): search the library catalog and borrow via Document Delivery
- eBooks (Link opens in a new window): full-length academic books that can be accessed online (Most ebooks are also listed in the library catalog.)
- Web sites (Link opens in a new window): quality Internet resources on academic subjects selected by librarians
- Article request form (Link opens in a new window) (Is the article available full-text online? Check online availability before requesting.)
- Book request form (Link opens in a new window) (Check the library catalog to make sure book is available)
- Additional order forms and information (Link opens in a new window) about our Document Delivery Service.
Guides and Tutorials
- Research Guides (Link opens in a new window): brief guides on various topics, such as searching the library catalog, doing research in specific disciplines, writing papers, searching the Internet, etc.
- Citation Guides (Link opens in a new window): helpful links for doing bibliographies in research papers
- Copyright and Fair Use Policies (Webster U.) (Link opens in a new window): policy statements, guidelines, sample scenarios, etc.
- Related topics (Link opens in a new window) may be covered in the "How Do I...?" section of the web site.
Getting Assistance from the Webster University Library
- Ask a Librarian email service: get research help from a librarian; service available Monday through Friday excluding holidays and other school closings.
- Toll-free: (800) 985 4279
- Library Catalog
- Accessing Other Library Catalogs
- Using Library Databases to Find Articles and Other Information
- Searching for Articles in a Database
- Obtaining Full-Text Articles
- Research Guides
- Library Resources and Services
- Websites / Search Engines
- Document Delivery
- Reserving Videos
- Electronic Reserves
- Welcome to Webster University
- Policies and Guidelines
- Technology Resources
- Using the Library
- Course Administration
- Student Services
- Improving Learning