The library owns a number of excellent DVDs and videotapes that faculty may use to support programs in various disciplines. All DVDs and videos are listed in the library catalog. The Faculty Development Center specialists can also assist faculty members who wish to incorporate video clips into face-to-face or online classes. Get more information on the FDC website.
You may reserve DVDs and videotapes owned by the Eden-Webster Library System to show in your classes by filling out the online form or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We send DVDs and videotapes via a commercial 2-3 day delivery service.
This is a heavily used collection so it's beneficial to reserve your DVD or videotape as far in advance as possible (no less than 2 weeks in advance). We prefer at least a two week notice.
If you are interested in showing a videotape or DVD that we do not own please contact the Instruction and Liaison Services Librarian (Link opens in a new window) assigned to your department.
If you have any questions, call the Audiovisual Services Department at 314-968-5994, 800-985-4279 or see our website for more information.
How to Search For and Request a Video
- Start at the library website.
- Click the Videos / DVDs (Link opens in a new window) link located in the 'Look For' section.
- Search by Keyword
- Type in a keyword or the title of the video.
- Click the search button.
- Find the video from the listings that appear and click the link.
- Take note of the availability. Write the call number down.
- Go back to the library home page and click the 'How do I' questions link under 'Research Help'.
- Click the Video/DVD and Other Media (Link opens in a new window) link. Then click 'Reserve a DVD / Video for classroom use'.
- Click the Videotape Reservation Form link located toward the top of the page
- Fill in the requested information
- Click the Submit Your Request button located at the bottom of the form.
- Library Catalog
- Accessing Other Library Catalogs
- Using Library Databases to Find Articles and Other Information
- Searching for Articles in a Database
- Obtaining Full-Text Articles
- Research Guides
- Library Resources and Services
- Websites / Search Engines
- Document Delivery
- Reserving Videos
- Electronic Reserves
- Welcome to Webster University
- Policies and Guidelines
- Technology Resources
- Using the Library
- Course Administration
- Student Services
- Improving Learning
- Teaching Tools