Winning Approaches for Talented Transfers in STEM
Webster University invites qualified applicants to apply for a WATTS Scholarship (Winning Approaches for Talented Transfers in STEM). The WATTS program was made available through a grant from the National Science Foundation’s Scholarships for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (S-STEM) program. For the 2017-2018 Academic Year, WATTS Scholarships of up to $10,000 each will be awarded to the 6 most qualified applicants. WATTS Scholarship applications for Fall 2017 enrollment will be accepted and selected on a rolling basis beginning Jan. 1, 2017.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be a full-time, undergraduate transfer student with a declared degree in one of the following programs in the Department of Biological Sciences at Webster University: BA in Biology, BS in Biological Sciences or BS in Computational Biology. (Students pursing a BS in Chemistry will be eligible for WATTS Scholarships in Fall 2018.)
- Apply at least 21 transferable credits toward your degree (preference is given to those who have completed courses equivalent to College Biology/Essentials of Biology I and II, College Chemistry/General Chemistry I and II, and College Algebra)
- Reflect a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 within those applicable, transferred credits
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, national, or refugee
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by the University
Please note, WATTS Scholarships will be offered in 2018-19 and 2019-20, so if you
do not currently qualify for a WATTS Scholarship, it may be possible to work toward
eligibility for the future.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Stephanie Schroeder
Department of Biological Sciences
Step 1: Complete Webster University's Undergraduate Application for Admission and submit all supporting documents, including all official transcripts.
Step 2: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and designate Webster as a recipient of your FAFSA information by indicating our Title IV code of 002521.
Step 3: Fill out the WATTS Scholarship Application form below.
Partial support for this work was provided by the National Science Foundation Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (S-STEM) program under Award No. 1564635. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.