AmeriCorps Award Matching
Webster participates in the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award Matching Program.
AmeriCorps is part of the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), a federal agency that engages more than 5 million Americans in service to their communities. Under the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award Matching Program, AmeriCorps members are eligible to receive up to $5,645 toward their education from AmeriCorps. Webster University will match that award at $150 per credit hour, at a maximum lifetime cap of $5,400. The match can be applied to qualified programs taught online or at any Webster University location.
The award will be applied for students earning Webster University graduate degrees in:
- MA Counseling: College of Arts & Sciences
- MA Nonprofit Leadership: George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): /strong>George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology
- Arts Management and Leadership (MFA): Leigh Gerdine College of Fine Arts
- MA Teaching English as a Second Language: School of Education
- MA Public Relations: School of Communications
Or Contact Sam Goodrum at (800) 981-9801
Initial Eligibility & Verification:
- New and current students will demonstrate eligibility for the scholarship by submitting their AmeriCorps Certification of Service Letter and the Webster University AmeriCorps Matching Award Request Form.
- The Certification of Service Letter can be downloaded by AmeriCorps Alumni from their “My AmeriCorps” account on the AmeriCorps website. The Webster University AmeriCorps Matching Request Form can be found here (pdf).
- Online or St. Louis students: Send Certification of Service Letter and Matching Request Form to the Office of Academic Affairs, attention: Sam Goodrum.
- Extended campus students: Send Certification of Service Letter and Matching Request Form to the Director at home campus.
- The award cannot be applied to courses previously taken.