For Student | Webster University

For Students

Getting Paid

Working Hours - Student employees may work up to a total of 20 hours per week (combination of all their student employment positions) while classes are in session. During academic breaks, student employees may work up to 37.5 hours per week provided their award covers this amount and they are registered for classes for the following term/semester.

*Beginning July 1, 2016 undergraduate and graduate student employees will not receive approval to work more than 20 hours per week while classes are in session.

International students may NOT work more than 20 hours per week, except during periods of non-enrollment. This rule ensures compliance with visa regulations.

Reporting Time - Students must timestamp in and out through My Time – Enterprise eTime (ADP). In special instances, where the student employee is not able to timestamp in and out of My Time – Enterprise eTime, they must complete and sign a paper timecard and submit it to their supervisor. Timestamps are automatically rounded to the nearest ¼ hours in My Time – Enterprise eTime.

Approving Time - Students and supervisors must go into My Time – Enterprise eTime (ADP) to approve timecards according to the Student Payroll Processing Schedule (** see Payroll website). The normal day of submission is biweekly on Monday at 10:00 a.m. Please be aware that there are early deadlines around holiday breaks.

Job Transfer - If a student has more than one position on campus the student will have to set up a “transfer” in My Time – Enterprise eTime (ADP) in order to timestamp for multiple positions. Please reference the Budget e-Time Transfer Instructions or the Federal Work-Study e-Time Transfer Instructions

Lunch Breaks - Beginning June 21, 2015, the student employee may, but is no longer required, to timestamp out for his/her lunch and timestamp back in when returning from lunch, if the lunch break does not exceed 30 minutes. The system has been programmed to deduct 30 minutes when the shift is 6 hours or more. Employees can be approved by their supervisor to work through their meal break, on rare, exception basis.

Timecard Corrections – Adjustments and corrections to a student’s timecard (missing timestamps, transfer issues, ect.) can be made by the student’s primary supervisor in My Time – Enterprise eTime  (ADP) at any time during the current pay period. If time or pay needs to be adjusted/corrected in a previous pay period a Student Time Correction Form must be completed and submitted to the Payroll Department.

Timecard Falsification - Falsification of timecards may result in the student becoming ineligible to participate in the Student Employment Program and judicial action could be taken against the student under the Student Code of Conduct and Procedures Policy.

Paychecks - Student employees are paid by the hour on a bi-weekly pay schedule. The preferred option is to designate that their paychecks be deposited directly to a specific bank of their choice. Students need to complete the Direct Deposit information through My Time – Enterprise eTime (ADP), Pay & Taxes, Direct Deposit. If you elect not to receive direct deposit, your paycheck will be mailed to the home address listed under Personal Information in My Time – Enterprise eTime. Your first paycheck, even if you signed up for Direct Deposit, will go to the home address listed under Personal Information in My Time – Enterprise eTime.

Students can authorize a percentage of their pay (up to 100%) to be deposited directly to their Webster student account. This is done by the student through My Time – Enterprise eTime (ADP), Pay & Taxes, Deductions.

Taxes - Earnings from student employment are subject to federal and state taxes. Students need to complete their Federal and State tax withholding information in My Time – Enterprise eTime (ADP), Pay & Taxes tab, Tax Withholding. Student employees are generally exempt from FICA withholdings while school is in session, but this may not be the case during school breaks. For more information regarding the Student Exception to FICA Tax please view this link

W-2 Form - Student employees can print their W-2 through My Time – Enterprise eTime (ADP), Pay & Taxes, Annual Statements. In an effort to reduce the use of paper, we ask that you elect an electronic, paperless W-2 through the My Time – Enterprise eTime, Pay & Taxes, Annual Statements, Go Paperless. Please follow the instructions to ensure that the process is complete.