Actors' Application and Information
- Slots fill up quickly. We ask that you submit your application early, as we cannot guarantee slots to anyone. Once slots are assigned, MWTA cannot change the time or date of your audition.
- To apply for the MidWest Theatre Auditions, you must be nominated by a college professor or theatre professional. Please talk to your nominator and confirm that they are willing to nominate you BEFORE you begin your application process. You will have to provide the name of your nominator and the name of the institution they belong to on your application.
- On the application webpage, select the button that reads “Acting & Design/Tech/Stage Management Auditions.” From there you can select the Acting Auditions page.
- Before you begin your application, please be aware that you will not be able to save your form, so make sure you have enough time to complete your application in one sitting.
- There is an application fee of $50 due with submission of application, payable online by Visa or MasterCard. We do NOT accept any other forms of payment. Checks and cash are NOT accepted.
Tips For Applying
Please keep in mind these simple mistakes when applying. The most important being that the Nominator name can not be your own or left blank. The institution slot below the nominator slot is for the nominator's institution not your own, although they can be the same. Also the "Applicant Electronic Signature" must be filled out and contain the same name as the applicants. All of these are constant mistakes that will result in the decline of an application.
Over 600 acting auditionees and design/tech/stage management interviewees showcase their talent to at least 50 theatre representatives over the course of three days every year. The MidWest Theatre Auditions are not sanctioned by any specific union so both Equity and non-Equity applicants may audition.
The auditions are located at Webster University in the Loretto-Hilton Center at 130 Edgar Road, St. Louis, MO 63119.
Auditions take place in the Virginia Browning Mainstage located in the Loretto-Hilton Center at Webster University. The space houses the Repertory Theatre of St. Louis and the Opera Theatre of Saint Louis. Since the space is shared, there is a possibility that there will be a set onstage. The stage may also be raked or covered in wood planks so please be flexible.
Auditions begin at 8:30 am each day. It is recommended you arrive an hour before your audition time. If you do not arrive on time, your audition slot will be given to a wait listed auditionee. You will be identified by your auditionee number and time slot. Your introduction will not be timed, but please be brief. The timer will start on your first word or note.
The allotted audition time is one minute and 30 seconds to perform a monologue and/or a song. If you would like to perform and sing, please sing first as it will speed up the process. Also, please only sing if you are confident with your selection. There will be an accompanist provided so please do not bring pre-recorded accompaniment or outside accompanists.
Dance auditions are held at the end of each day. Dance auditions are optional; you are not required to attend. The combinations start with tap and jazz and then end with ballet. Please note, that the ballet combination will only involve those requested by theatre representatives.
Callbacks, Résumés and Headshots
Callbacks occur on the same day as your audition, and will be posted throughout the day. After the audition sessions have ended, the theatre representatives will begin callbacks in their posted callback location. The length of callbacks depends on each theatre, and on how many callbacks you receive.
Information from your audition application will be printed and given to the theatre representatives, but will only be used for auditions. For callbacks, you will need to bring resumes and head shots. The amount needed depends on how many callbacks you receive.
- Leigh Gerdine College of Fine Arts Home
- Art, Design, and Art History
- Community Music School
- MidWest Theatre Auditions