Design, Tech and Stage Management Application and Information
- Slots fill up quickly. We ask that you submit your application early, as we cannot guarantee slots to anyone. Once slots are assigned, MWTA cannot change the time of your interview.
- To apply for the MidWest Theatre Auditions, you must be nominated by a college professor or theatre professional. Please talk to your nominator and confirm that they are willing to nominate you BEFORE you begin your application process. You will have to provide the name of your nominator and the name of the institution they belong to on your application.
- On the application webpage, select the button that reads “Acting & Design/Tech/Stage Management Auditions.” From there you can select the Design/Tech/Stage Management Interview page.
- Before you begin your application, please be aware that you will not be able to save your form, so make sure you have enough time to complete your application in one sitting.
- There is an application fee of $45 due with submission of application, payable online
by Visa or MasterCard. PLEASE NOTE: We do NOT accept any other forms of payment. Checks and cash are NOT
Over 600 acting auditionees and design/tech/stage management interviewees showcase their talent to at least 50 theatre representatives over the course of three days every year.
The auditions are located at the Nerinx Hall Cafeteria in Nerinx Hall. Signs will be posted around the Loretto-Hilton Center to guide you in the right direction.
All interviews take place on Saturday Feb. 18, 2017 from 1:00pm-4:00pm during which you are able to interview with the theatres of your choice. Callbacks will occur as needed after all the interviews are done.
Résumés and Portfolios
Information from your application will be photocopied and given to the theatre representatives, but please bring a copy of your résumé and your portfolio to your interview.
- Leigh Gerdine College of Fine Arts Home
- Art, Design, and Art History
- Community Music School
- MidWest Theatre Auditions