Over 600 acting auditionees and design/tech/stage management interviewees showcase their talent to at least 50 theatre representatives over the course of three days every year. The MidWest Theatre Auditions are not sanctioned by any specific union so both Equity and non-Equity auditionees may audition.
The auditions are located at Webster University in the Loretto-Hilton Center at 130 Edgar Road, St. Louis, MO 63119
Auditions take place in the Virginia Browning Mainstage located in the Loretto-Hilton Center at Webster University. The space houses the Repertory Theatre of St. Louis and the Opera Theatre of Saint Louis. Since the space is shared, there is a possibility that there will be a set onstage. The stage may also be raked or covered in wood planks.
You will be provided a binder containing an information sheet for every auditionee, free of charge. This year, as part of our process of going paperless, we will also be providing a flash drive so you can access auditionee information digitally.
The auditions are located at the Nerinx Hall Cafeteria in Nerinx Hall. Signs will be posted around the Loretto-Hilton Center to guide you in the right direction.
- Dance auditions are held in between the audition sessions and the callbacks. It is not required that you attend dance auditions, and it is also optional for auditionees to attend. If you would like to see someone dance who did not attend the dance auditions, please ask them in callbacks. They may attend the next day's dance auditions if necessary.
- The dance auditions will be run by a Webster University Dance Faculty member. The combinations start with tap & jazz. The ballet combination is done last and only those requested by the theatre representatives will be seen.
- After your theatre has been accepted to MWTA, you will receive notice of your callback location. These spaces will be throughout the Webster University campus, and are assigned randomly.
- At the end of each session of auditions, you will fill out your callback request forms and turn them into the Theatre Representatives Information Desk run by the MWTA Staff. The staff will post these forms so that all of the auditionees may know ahead of time of your request.
- If you need a piano in you callback space, please remember to check the box at the bottom of the registration page.
How to Register
- On the application webpage, select the button that reads "Theatre Registration." From there you can select if you wish to do Acting Auditions, DTSM Interviews, or both.
- Before you begin your application, please be aware that you will not be able to save and return to your form, so make sure you have enough time to complete your application in one sitting. You will be asked to provide short descriptions (999 character limit) of your season, facilities, size of departments, salaries, housing, and transportation. You may want to prepare these ahead of time.
- There is a registration fee of $75, payable online by Visa or Mastercard, with an additional $75 if you require a piano in your callback space.
- Actors' Basic Information
- Actors' Application
- Audition Do's and Don'ts
- Design, Tech & Stage Management Information
- Design, Tech & Stage Management Application
- MWTA Parking & Map
- Leigh Gerdine College of Fine Arts Home
- Art, Design, and Art History
- Community Music School
- MidWest Theatre Auditions