Certificate in Education Services Specialist
In today's world, students are studying in less traditional settings. If you're looking to increase your knowledge and skills in designing instruction for the 21st century learning environment, the Education Services Specialist Graduate Certificate at Webster University will give you a great opportunity to do so.
Specifically, this certificate prepares the student with the background required for employment in the government education services arena, either as an instructor or supervising those who instruct.
Points of Distinction
Successful Webster students in the Education Services Specialist certificate program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts and principles of curriculum design.
- Develop appropriate training materials, including identifying learner characteristics, specifying objects, and applying training strategy.
- Select appropriate software application(s) to support the training requirement and the context in which the training will take place.
- Prepare written and performance tests, survey instruments to determine reliability and validity of evaluation instruments.
- Apply learning theories as they relate to the systematic design training programs, development, and validation of instructional material as it relates to adult learning (andragogical) principles.
- Design, develop, and evaluate authentic ("real-world"), student centered learning experiences and evidence-based assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning and to develop students' knowledge, skills, and attitudes.
- Apply principles and techniques used in designing training programs, developing design strategy and models, and apply design methods to improve instructional effectiveness.
- Demonstrate effective technology planning and management by determining the level of technology integration, evaluating appropriate technology acquisitions, and developing technology plans, to include devising a staff development plan for subordinate employees.
- MBA: Master of Business Administration
- MHA: Master of Health Administration
- MA in Business and Organizational Security Management
- MA in Counseling
- MA in Human Resources Development
- MA in Information Technology Management
- MA in Management and Leadership
- Certificate in Government Contracting
- Certificate in Education Services Specialist