BS in Computer Science
The Computer Science degree programs at Webster University equip students with the
knowledge to become professionals who help optimize the performance of computer systems
and networks. Computer science majors and minors study the following:
- Operating Systems
- Data Base Administration
- System Security
- Computer Mathematics & Logic
- Systems Analysis & Design
- Decision Support
Students in this major are focused on making the computer system perform at its highest level. They will become proficient in programming and in understanding the best uses of the machine. These individuals will become the IT professionals who keep the infrastructure running. They will be qualified to create new systems, as well as having the skills to maintain and update older systems.
Graduates from this program will be versatile professionals who can solve problems that would jeopardize an organization; they will form the backbone of the internal IT staff.
- Students will demonstrate critical thinking skills in the field of computer science.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to solve problems related to the program content.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the concepts and principles of software systems.
- Students will analyze, design and document a system component using appropriate computer science techniques and models.
- Students will make a formal presentation of a software system project including the demonstration of a working application.
- Students will demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of advanced software development techniques.