Global MA in International Relations Admissions
Application deadline date: March 1, or until the class is filled (for enrollment in August of the same year)
All Applicants Must Submit:
- A completed Graduate Application for Admission, which can be completed and submitted
online at http://www.webster.edu/admissions/apply-now.html.
Important Note: When asked to choose a program on the online application, applicants should select "St. Louis Home Campus and " Global International Relations. Applicants do not have to submit another application specific to the GMAIR program.
- A $50 nonrefundable application fee, which can be submitted online with the application for admission. (Webster alumni and non-U.S. applicants are exempt from submitting an application fee.)
- An official transcript showing conferral of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. Students who completed their university education outside the US must have earned a comparable recognized bachelor's degree, as determined by Webster University. Interested applicants who expect to earn their bachelor's degree by July (the month prior to the start of the program) must submit an official transcript showing current academic progress. An additional official transcript must be submitted upon completion of the bachelor's degree program. Applicants who have completed graduate-level work should also request an official graduate transcript to be mailed to the Office of Admission.
- Students should have a minimum GPA of a 3.0 out of a 4.0 grading scale from their bachelor's degree. Students with below this GPA may be considered for admission if they show successful academic achievement in their junior and senior years. This is completed on a case-by-case basis.
- A current résumé showing educational, work, and volunteer experience.
- An essay (500-700 words) on "What does it mean to be a global citizen?"
- Two letters of recommendation which speak to the applicant's motivation, character, and ability to be successful in an intense, 11-month graduate program that requires significant travel. One letter should come from a former or current professor/instructor. Recommendation letters should be written in narrative form and no more than one page in length. Applicants may submit recommendation letters with their application packet.
- A phone interview may be required.
In addition to the documents listed above, non-US applicants must submit:
- An official English translation of their transcript and diploma, if applicable.
- TOEFL score-official only
- 575 on Paper-Based-TOEFL (PBT)
- 230 on Computer-Based-TOEFL (CBT)
- 90-91 on Internet-Based-TOEFL (IBT)
- IELTS score of 6.5 on each section of the exam-official only
Note: Because many graduate school applicants have been in the work force for several years and have strong professional experience, the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is not required. Also, while professional experience is preferred, it is not required in order to be admitted to the Global MA in IR program.
Submitting required admission documents:
After creating a profile and submitting an online application for admission, applicants can log back in to their account to upload their required admission documents, except for official transcripts, and to check the status of their file.
Official transcripts should be mailed to:
Office of Admission
Re: Global MA Program
470 East Lockwood Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63119-3141
Universities and colleges that issue official transcripts electronically should email your transcript(s) to Webster University at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommendation letters may be given directly to the applicant to upload online, they may be emailed to email@example.com, or mailed to the address above. Emailed recommendation letters should include the name of the applicant and “Global MA” in the subject line.
If your address or contact information changes after you apply for admission, please notify us immediately by calling 314-246-7800 or 1-800-753-6765, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The Office of Admission communicates with applicants via email, letter, and/or phone numbers provided by the student. It is imperative that applicants regularly check all forms of communication.
The Office of Admission notifies applicants of the admission decision within two weeks after their admission file is completed.
The application deadline is March 1. However, we will accept applications until the class is full. If you meet the admission requirements, we encourage you to apply. If you have questions concerning your file and the status of documents submitted, please contact Sarah Nandor at 314-246-7109 or 1-800-753-6765, or email@example.com.
Can't take a year off? Webster offers our MA in International Relations fully online, at our home campus in St. Louis, Missouri, and at many of our extended and international sites.
Note: If you have an interest in both Global MA programs, we ask that you apply to the program in which you have greater interest. Application and admission documentation for one Global MA program can be applied towards the other Global MA program should applicants later decide the other program suits their career goals better. Please note that the admission components that are not identical between the two programs, would still need to be submitted (i.e. the essay and any pre-requisites).
Office of Admission
470 E. Lockwood Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63119
Find out more about Webster's Global MA programs