Global MA in International Relations
Since 2006, the Global MA in International Relations (GMAIR) program has offered the perfect blend of academic rigor, cultural immersion, and personal adventure to students with a passion for politics and international relations. The GMAIR teaches students how to critically analyze the complexities and impact of international affairs by studying topics such as war and diplomacy, international law, U.S. foreign policy, globalization, and human rights.
The GMAIR program is 11 months and provides full-time graduate students an opportunity to live, learn, and study at five locations, which may include Webster's campuses in Leiden, the Netherlands; London, England; Geneva, Switzerland; Vienna, Austria; and either Bangkok, Thailand; or a partner in Beijing, China. Beginning in 2014, one cohort will include an eight-week term in Havana, Cuba.
These locations are part of Webster's distinctive global network of campuses spanning the U.S., Europe, and Asia. Webster's international programs are recognized for excellence by U.S. News & World Report.
Learn more about GMAIR degree requirements in our Graduate Catalog
- Complete your master's degree on multiple continents in just 11 months.
- Learn from faculty who are experts in many facets of international relations.
- All courses are taught in English. Study with current international relations students at each campus.
- Experience unique immersion opportunities in the Professional Seminar course, such as visits to the United Nations, OPEC, European Parliament, World Trade Organization, International Committee for the Red Cross, and International Court of Justice.
- Reap the benefits of a one-year membership to Chatham House, a world-renowned think tank based in London.
- Webster arranges housing accommodations for all Global MA students and housing during each eight-week term of study is included in the program cost.
- Opportunity for select GMAIR students to study in Havana, Cuba.
Office of Admission
470 E. Lockwood Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63119
Find out more about Webster's Global MA programs