Applications for the 2015 cohort are being accepted until Friday, September 26, 2014. The application process requires directed personal reflection to complete the components described on the application page of this site. Applications are welcome and encouraged from any and all faculty or staff members working at any and all Webster campuses. Sixteen (16) fellows will be selected for the 2015 GLA cohort.
Requirements for Participation
- Openness to new experiences
- Enthusiasm, motivation, and a desire to shape the future of Webster University
- Commitment to complete all GLA activities: Workshops, assigned readings, projects, field experiences, and more
- Ability to travel to face-to-face meetings when required; possession of a valid passport for international travel
- Commitment to share learned knowledge and skills with others as appropriate
- Agreement to serve the GLA as requested after and beyond the cohort year
- Exercise leadership at Webster University, upon completion of the academy, to further the University's mission.
Criteria for Selection
- Minimum of one year at Webster University prior to the start of the GLA program
- Ability to fully participate in all GLA activities, and commitment to stay at Webster one year past conclusion of GLA program
- Potential to positively impact Webster University
- Strong desire to excel and learn new skills and abilities that will benefit the individual and the university
- Ability to positively contribute to the group dynamics and the group learning process
- Demonstrated excellence in current performance, or hold position where advanced leadership skills are needed
Benefits of Participation
- Enhanced leadership skills
- Development of a strong network of colleagues
- Comprehensive understanding of the university in all its complexity
- Invitations to events associated with the Global Leaders in Residence Program and other University events on leadership
- International and domestic travel opportunities
The 2015 Global Leadership Academy Cohort will convene three times per year for multi-day meetings.
Spring Break 2015
Monday, March 9 – Friday, March 13, 2015
Location: St. Louis
The workshops held at this meeting will focus on leadership models and theories, and strategic and operational concepts. GLA fellows will have the opportunity to learn more about the functions of the St. Louis campus and its unique characteristics. Travel to be scheduled for the weekend so that GLA fellows are each present on Monday morning.
Monday, Monday, June 8 – Friday, June 12, 2015
Location: Webster University Vienna, Austria
The workshops held at this meeting will focus on international and intercultural topics, as well as additional topics that impact Webster's global network of campuses. GLA fellows will have the opportunity to learn about the nature of Webster's international campuses, including opportunities to interact with different student populations, and to participate in activities to learn more about the communities in which they are situated. Travel to be scheduled for the weekend so that GLA fellows are each present on Monday morning.
Fall Break 2015
Monday, Monday, October 19 – Friday October 23, 2015
Location: US Extended Campus Area TBA
The workshops held at this session will focus on topics and issues related to military students, as well as topics of particular relevance for U.S. extended locations. GLA fellows will have the opportunity to learn more about the nature of military and metro campuses, including opportunities to interact with different student populations.
In advance of these week-long sessions, GLA fellows will participate in group (online) and individual activities to prepare for these three multi-day meetings.
Are you interested in being part of the next Global Leadership Academy cohort and developing skills necessary for successful leadership in higher education? Apply Today!
Global Leadership Academy Overview
Please direct your questions about the Global Leadership Academy to firstname.lastname@example.org.