The Digital Marketing and Communications team assists offices, departments and campus locations with the creation and management of bulk email via Constant Contact.
Any email message on behalf of the University MUST NOT:
- use a false or misleading headers. Among other things, headers include your “From” email address and your “Reply-To” address. Spammers sometimes appropriate email addresses to get people to open a bit of spam.
- use deceptive Subject lines. Don’t say “This is so cool. You have to look at this.” in your subject line, and then try to sell them uh, Tylenol.
Any email on behalf of the University MUST:
- identify itself for what it is.
- contain a valid postal address
- tell recipients how to opt out of future emails from you.