Getting Started with Social Media
Before establishing a presence on any social media network on behalf of Webster University, please consult with the Digital Marketing and Communications team. Be prepared to answer the following questions:
Social Media Project:
- Why are you establishing a social media presence?
- What do you plan to achieve with this social medium? Inform? Encourage dialogue? Share information? What kind of information?
- How will drive people to back to your primary Web site?
- Who will be reading and commenting on your social media?
- Who are you trying to engage?
Execution & Maintenance
- Who will establish your presence?
- Who will be the administrator?
- Who will maintain it?
- How often will it be updated? (Depending on the type of social media, updates at least daily are typical.)
- How will you make connection to other Webster University social media outposts and official websites?
- How will you promote it?