Online Teaching and Learning
The online teaching and learning certificate is a 20 credit hour program designed to provide students with the tools and knowledge to work in the field of online teaching and learning. The certificate may be earned as part of the masters degree program or as a stand-alone graduate certificate.
Students seeking the graduate certificate should consult the Admission, Enrollment, Academic Policies, and Graduate Certificates sections of this catalog for information regarding application, admission, registration, and the academic policies of Webster University.
Required Courses (17 credit hours)
- EDTC 5460 Curriculum Design Technology Apps (3 hours)
- EDTC 5465 Instructional Design (2 hours)
- EDTC 5840 Designing an Online Curriculum (3 hours)
- EDTC 5820 Designing an Online Course-Part I (2 hours)
- EDTC 5825 Designing an Online Course-Part II (2 hours)
- EDTC 5830 Video Conferencing for Educators (3 hours)
- EDTC 5633 Adult Learning and Technology (2 hours)
Electives (3 credit hours- Choose one)
- EDTC 5338 Evaluating Emerging Technologies (3 hours)
- EDTC 5340 Modeling Data to Enhance Instruction (3 hours)
- EDTC 5637 Systemic Change Theory & Technology (3 hours)
- EDTC 5900 Technology, Ethics, and Society (3 hours)
Students who are interested in applying to this certificate program should see the Admission Section found in the front of this catalog for general requirements.
- Receipt of official transcripts from the baccalaureate-granting institution.
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Essay: Why are you interested in the Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning?
Send all admission materials to:
Office of Admission
470 E. Lockwood Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63119
Completed application files will be reviewed by the Coordinator of Educational Technology.
Transfer of Credit
No transfer credit allowed for the certificate in Online Teaching and Learning.