Extensive programs. Real-world perspectives.
The Academic Resource Center assists undergraduates and graduate students as well as faculty at Webster's home campus as well as all extended campuses.
- Writing Center: Qualified writing coaches will work with you at any stage of the writing process, from ideas to final drafts.
- Peer Tutoring Program: Staff and student tutors can clarify concepts and reinforce skills learned in class.
- Testing Center: Faculty may send and students may take make-up tests to be proctored at the ARC. The Testing Center also provides information about and administers examinations including DANTES/DSST, CLEP, CBASE, Webster foreign language placement (Spanish, French, German), and Webster course-waiver exams for MBA students (accounting and economics).
- Transitions Program: Students can take advantage of individualized academic support through regular meetings with a mentor and a variety of additional resources intended to help each student perform to the best of his or her ability.
- Disability Accommodations: Students with documented physical and learning disabilities must register with the ARC director in order to arrange for academic accommodations at Webster.
- Academic Counseling: With a counselor's assistance, students will be guided through a process in which they will identify academic challenges, set goals, and discuss strategies to achieve success. We offer individual sessions for students who need to develop better organizational and learning strategies as well as ongoing counseling and mentoring services. We also have handouts available with a variety of study and learning tips.
- Assistive Technology: Students and faculty can schedule sessions to learn more about assistive technologies such as Dragon Naturally Speaking, JAWS, Kurzweil 3000, Alternative-Format Textbooks, and more.
For students at Webster's extended campuses, learn more about the ARC services available to you by clicking here.
- Monday: 8:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.