Student Health Insurance Program
All international students on F-1 or J-1 visa attending Webster University in the United States are required to enroll in the Webster University Student Health Insurance plan.
- Upon registration for classes international students on F-1 and J-1 visas are enrolled in the Student Health Insurance plan with health insurance coverage dates that coincides with the dates of the academic term in which they are enrolled in classes. The charge for the insurance is applied to the student account.
- Students are required to complete the health insurance registration process by submitting a health insurance enrollment form to the Student Health Insurance Coordinator or Student Health Services Department.
- Click on Download the Enrollment form (below) to access the current health insurance enrollment form
- Completed Health Insurance Enrollment forms must be sent to the Student Health Services Department by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 314-246-2399. CHP will process the Enrollment Form within 5 business days of enrollment by the Health Services Health Insurance Coordinator.
- International students that are sponsored by their government are exempt from enrollment in the student health insurance plan.This exemption is determined by the International Services Director at Webster University. Students must contact the International Services department to obtain a waiver from the student health insurance requirement.
- Students that are exempt from enrollment in the student health insurance plan must submit to the Student Health Services Department a copy of their current health insurance card which includes a copy of the front of the card.
- Failure to complete a student health insurance enrollment form will result in a financial hold to be placed on your student account.This financial hold will jeopardize your housing placement and/or will restrict your ability to register or make changes to your current or future class schedule.
Residential domestic students living on the Webster University main campus in St. Louis Missouri must submit to the Student Health Services Department proof of current health insurance. This is an annual requirement.
Residential domestic students are required to send to the Student Health Services Department a copy of the student's current health insurance card by sending a copy of the card by email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a copy of the front of the card.
- Include the student's full name and student ID number on the copy of the health insurance card.
- Failure to submit a copy of the health insurance card will result in the student's automatic enrollment in the Webster University Student Health Insurance plan. The student's account will be charged for this health insurance plan.
- Residential domestic students are responsible to maintain a health insurance plan that is accepted by medical providers within the St. Louis area.
- Health Services recommends that all residential students check with their current health care provider to verify health insurance coverage and benefits through their health insurance company while attending Webster University in St. Louis, MO.
Eligibility criteria for enrollment in the Webster University Student Health Insurance Plan
Enrollment in the Student Health Insurance plan is based on review of current academic
enrollment. Health insurance term coverage dates must coincide with the dates of the
academic term in which the student is currently enrolled.
Request for enrollment in the Student Health Insurance plan will be reviewed by the Health Services department. Students must be actively enrolled in Webster University academic courses in order to participate in the Student Health Insurance plan.
Additional specific eligibility requirements are stated below:
- Domestic students currently living in campus housing may be eligible for enrollment.
- International students studying in the United States under F-1 and J-1 visas.
- Nurse anesthesia students currently enrolled in program courses.
- Undergraduate domestic students enrollment in the student health insurance plan will be evaluated by the Health Services department based on current academic enrollment.
- Undergraduate domestic students are required to maintain an academic enrollment of 9 credit hours per term in order to qualify for enrollment in the student health insurance plan.
- Undergraduate domestic students are offered enrollment in the student health insurance plan within the following academic terms; Fall 1, Fall 2, Spring 1 and Spring 2. Selection of a full semester enrollment in the health insurance plan is not available for undergraduate domestic students as undergraduate domestic students may enroll in each academic term (Fall1, Fall 2 or Spring 1 or Spring 2) as they progress through the academic calendar.
- Domestic graduate student enrollment in the student health insurance plan will be evaluated by the Health Services department based on current academic enrollment.
Webster University Student Health Services student health insurance plan is through Consolidated Health Plan (CHP).
2016-2017 Academic Year Student Health Insurance Plan will be provided by Consolidated Health Plan (CHP)
The coverage dates and rates for the 2016-2017 academic terms are listed on the table below.
|Term||Date of Enrollment||Rate|
|2016 Fall Semester||8/8/16–12/31/16||$1170|
|2016 Fall 1||8/8/16–10/14/16||$546|
|2016 Fall 2||10/15/16–12/31/16||$624|
|2017 Spring Semester||1/1/17–5/14/17||$1077|
|2017 Spring 1||1/1/17–3/10/17||$554|
|2017 Spring 2||3/11/17–5/14/17||$523|
To find out more about the Consolidated Health Plan go to their web site, www.chpstudent.com and select Webster University from the drop down menu. The details of the CHP 2016–2017 student health insurance plan benefits and highlight document will be located on the web site soon. If you have any questions please contact our department at 314-246-4207, or email the Student Health Insurance Coordinator at email@example.com .
Student Health Services and Health Insurance Department
540 Garden Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63119-3248
Public Safety Emergency Number
8:30 am–4:30 pm
Closed on weekends and campus holidays. Appointments are required.