Student Health Insurance Program
All international students on F-1 or J-1 visa attending Webster University in the United States are required to enroll in the Webster University Student Health Insurance plan.
- Upon registration for classes international students on F-1 and J-1 visas are automatically enrolled in the Student Health Insurance plan and the charge for the insurance is applied to the student account.
- Students are required to complete the health insurance registration process by submitting an enrollment form indicating the term/date of enrollment in the insurance plan.
- Click on Download the Enrollment form (below) to access the current health insurance enrollment form
- Completed Health Insurance Enrollment forms must be sent to the Health Services Department by sending an email to email@example.com or faxed to 314-246-2399.
- International students that are sponsored by their government or by a corporation are exempt from this health insurance requirement. This exemption is determined by the International Services Director at Webster University.
- Failure to complete an enrollment form will result in a financial hold to be placed on your student account.This financial hold will jeopardize your housing placement and/or will restrict your ability to register or make changes to your current or future class schedule.
Residential domestic students living on the Webster University main campus in St. Louis Missouri and all Nurse Anesthesia students must submit to the Student Health Services Department proof of current health insurance. This is an annual requirement.
Residential domestic students are required to send to the Health Services Department a copy of the student’s current health insurance card by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a copy of both the front and back of the card.
- Include the student’s full name and student ID number on the copy of the health insurance card.
- Failure to submit a copy of the health insurance card will result in the student’s automatic enrollment in the Webster University Student Health Insurance plan. The student’s account will be charged for this health insurance plan.
- Residential domestic students are responsible to maintain a health insurance plan that is accepted by medical providers within the St. Louis area.
- Health Services recommends that all residential students check with their current health care provider to verify health insurance coverage and benefits through their health insurance company while attending Webster University in St. Louis, Mo.
Eligibility criteria for enrollment in the Webster University Student Health Insurance Plan
The following students are eligible for enrollment in the student health insurance plan:
- Domestic students living in campus housing
- International students studying in the United States under F-1 and J-1 visas
- Nurse anesthesia students currently enrolled in program courses
- Undergraduate students enrolled in 9 credit hours per semester
- Domestic graduate students will be evaluated for enrollment in the student health plan based on their current academic enrollment.
- Domestic graduate students' request for enrollment in the student health insurance plan will be evaluated by the Health Services department based on current academic enrollment.
Highlights of the 2012–2013 health insurance plan can be found here.
Details of the student health insurance plan for the 2013-2014 will be posted on this
site soon, we are currently working on this information.
Summer 2013 Student Health Plan Details are listed below: Term Summer Coverage Dates 5-18-13-8-7-13 Enrollment Ends 6-25-13 Student Rate $588
United Healthcare Student Resources Contact Information
United Health Care Student Resources provides the Student Injury and Sickness Medical Insurance plan for Webster University.For questions about the plan or to verify coverage, please call United Healthcare Student Resources Customer Service at: 800-767-0700.
Student Health Services and Health Insurance Department
540 Garden Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63119-3248
Public Safety Emergency Number (use when Health Services is closed)
8:30 am–noon and
1:30 pm–4 pm
Closed on weekends and campus holidays. Appointments are preferred. Walk-ins are welcome.