Housing Renewal Process
Housing Renewal Process
Living on Campus: Fall 2016-Spring 2017
If you are a current on-campus resident below are the first two steps in our Returner Room Sign Up Process for the Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 Academic Year. It is mandatory for all on-campus residents to do Step One of the process, this will inform us of your housing plans for the upcoming academic year.
- Step One - All students who currently live on campus during the 2015-2016 Academic Year must complete the Housing Renewal Form for 2016-2017 (A paper form that indicates your intention to live on campus for the 2016-2017 Academic Year) by requesting to be part of the housing lottery process OR indicating that you plan to move off-campus for the 2016-2017 Academic Year.
- This form is due to the Office of Housing and Residential Life in West Hall no later than 6:00PM on Thursday, February 25, 2016. Forms are available through this website and are available at the Office of Housing and Residential Life, 130 West Hall.
- Link to the form here.
- Step Two- All students who want to live on campus during the 2016-2017 academic year must log on to the HOUSING PATRON WEB and complete the Housing Application 2016-2017 - TR SO JR SR GR
- If you are a current first-time freshman and your parental/permanent address is outside 35 miles, you must participate in the Room Sign-Up Process(described below).
- Room sign-up days will be March 24 & March 25, 2016.
Generally, around 450 students are assigned times to pick housing for the next academic year. Historically there are 30 to 40 students who want housing on-campus but space is not available. If this occurs this year you will be notified and placed on a waitlist. Good news is that we anticipate this number being low this year with additional housing available, such as Glen Park & Big Bend Apartments!
Additionally, we are limited on type of housing options available. Not everyone receives their first, or even second, preference. For example, if you are a freshman and want to live in a 4-bedroom apartment, it is highly unlikely that you will receive this placement because there are only 24, 4-bedroom units available (however, there are many more 2-bedroom units within the WVA complex). So be ready to consider options such, as splitting your 4 person group into 2 groups of 2.
When filling out your form keep in mind, the more students in your group, the less likely that you will be placed with everyone in your group. If a member of your group is not a current resident, their name needs to be on your form and they have to have a completed, online application and deposit to be considered for housing.
Once we receive the forms, we will evaluate the number of students requesting housing and the available spaces. This is why it is so important to turn your forms in on time so we can make the best decision on how to move forward with the process. This may include a lottery for receiving housing or some exemptions for mandatory housing.
We will send out emails after the decision is made outlining the process for all students interested in housing.
We will hold the Room Sign Up on March 24 and March 25, 2016. Emails will be sent letting students know the process and times assigned once it is firmed up.
The online Housing Application 2016-17 TR SO JR SR GR is your housing contract.
Please be aware that if you wish to cancel that contract after you have submitted it, cancellation charges may apply. The cancellation charges are as follows:
Date of Cancellation
February 20 - May 1, 2016
May 2 - May 31, 2016
Forfeit Security Deposit ($150)
June 1 - June 30, 2016
Forfeit Security Deposit ($150) + $200
July 1 - July 31, 2016
Forfeit Security Deposit ($150) + $400
August 1 – August 21, 2016
Forfeit Security Deposit ($150) + $600
On or After August 22, 2016
Termination Fees Apply
Frequently Asked Questions
How will I know when to arrive for Room Sign-Up to select my space?
- You will receive an email to your Webster email address in early to mid-March notifying you of your Room Sign-Up appointment time.
How do I apply for housing for Summer 2016?
- If you are interested in applying for Summer 2016 housing, you will apply online for summer housing online at the PatronWeb site, this application will be become active in Early March. The priority consideration summer housing application deadline is April 15, 2016.
What housing is available in the summer?
- The main housing option for summer housing are spaces in the Webster Village Apartments. There may be limited housing opportunities in Glen Park Apartments.
What are the summer housing rates?
- A link with rates will be posted here as soon as they are set.
What options are there for co-ed or gender neutral housing?
- We refer to co-ed/gender neutral housing as open housing, wherein rooms can be mixed-gendered. Should you wish to have a mixed-gendered room, all residents in your space will need to sign the Open Housing Agreement, which will be available at your Room Sign-Up appointment. Open Housing is available in the WVA and East Hall. All returner spaces can be eligible to Open Housing based on availability and interest.
What happens if the space I want is not available during Room Sign-Up?
- Don't panic. We advise you to select any available space. Then you can sign up on the Wait List with your preferred space request. We often have some transition over the course of the spring and summer that allows us to work our way through the Wait List to grant such requests.
I have a 4.0 GPA, does this give me a priority appointment?
- No, the primary factor in our process is hours completed. If you are part of a group it is average number of hours completed. This means that if there are 4 people in the group in the total hours are 160, the group average is 40, thus this group would be slotted with Sophomore groups. These totals are based off of hours completed through the Fall 2015 semester.
Why are we group 7, but there are 50 appointments before us?
- All forms and online applications that are received by the February 25, 2016 deadline will be considered in the same lottery process. Your group number is solely for the Renewal process, not appointment order. Forms and applications received after February 25, 2016 will be placed at the end of previously scheduled appointments of those individuals and groups that completed their forms on-time.
What if I need to make a change to my Housing Renewal Form or my Online Application?
- Go to the Housing Office in West Hall during normal office hours (between 8:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday). We will be happy to assist you. You can also email email@example.com or call 314-246-4663.
How do I cancel my housing contract?
- You must cancel in writing to the Office of Housing and Residential Life. Please note that when you submit the online application, you are submitting a legally binding housing contract. If you don't show up for your Room Sign-Up appointment, a space will still be selected for you based on your online application. If you wish to cancel this contract, there is no penalty if you cancel in writing on or before May 1, 2016. After this date, there are fees for cancellation, which you can view here.
Can a new University Housing resident be one of my roommates?
- If a member of your group or a requested roommate has never lived on campus, you will list his/her name on your Housing Renewal Form, but he/she does not fill out a Housing Renewal Form. He/she should instead just complete the Housing Application, available on this website: PatronWeb. On the application, he/she should list your name(s) as a roommate preference. This application needs to be submitted by Thursday, February 25, 2016. They need to have a damage deposit on file with the university.. We will try to place this new resident in a space with you if options are still available. You can only request such roommates if they will be non-first-year freshmen students in Fall 2016.
What can I do if I miss the deadlines for participating in the Housing Renewal Process?
- If you do not complete Housing Renewal Form, you may still have the opportunity to request space in University Housing next year. If you are required to live on campus, we will assign a space to you, and you will need to complete the online Application. If you are not required to live on campus, you can stop by the Housing Office in West Hall to request a specific type of space, but there are no guarantees. You will be placed according to available space.
What do I do if I will be studying abroad at the start of the Fall 2016 semester but want to live on campus when I return?
- You will need to complete the online Application (log on to: PatronWeb and complete the Spring 2017 Housing Application. This application will be available in August 2016. You will not complete the Housing Renewal Form. You will not attend a Room Sign-Up appointment. Elissa Marsh, the Housing Coordinator, will contact you in the fall semester to determine your placement for when you return to campus housing after your study abroad experience. You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org with roommate and area requests, but placement will be based on available space.
What do I do if I am studying abroad in the Spring 2016 semester but want to live on campus in Fall 2016?
- You will complete the online Application (log on to PatronWeb and complete the Housing Application 2016-17 TR SO JR SR GR); and a Proxy Form so that a space can be selected for you. (Proxy form will be posted in Late February/Early March 2016).
- Housing & Residential Life Home
- About Us
- Prospective Residents
- Current Residents
- Housing Options
- Moving In & Out Information
- Reservation Requests
- Important Forms
- Cancellation Info
- Employment Opportunities
- National Residence Hall Honorary
- Residential Housing Association
- Summer Camps and Conferences
- Contact Us