Information for the RA Selection Process for the 2017-2018 academic year found here!
What is a Resident Assistant?
The Resident Assistant (RA) supplements and complements the process of formal education by enhancing the quality of life in the residential community. The RA provides leadership for all residents and assists in planning of educational and social activities that make the group living experience support student learning & retention. The RAs are vital members of our team and are our front lines for communication and development of our residential students.
Read the RA Job Description for more details!
What are the benefits of becoming an RA?
- Meet new people
- Develop leadership skills
- Plan fun events
- Build your resume with transferable skills in communication, critical thinking, emergency response, conflict resolution, administrative tasks, and more
- Free housing and a stipend
Where do I apply?
You must attend one of our informational sessions to receive an application packet.
These sessions are taking place:
- Thursday, November 17, 2016: 4:00pm, West Hall Classroom
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017: 4:30pm, Location TBD
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017: 9:30pm, University Center, Sunnen Lounge
If you cannot attend an RA Info Session, you must schedule a meeting with Mike Webster or Justin Frederick to go over the information. You can set up a meeting by calling Mike or Justin at 314-246-4663 or emailing wither of them at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
What is the timeline?
EARLY PROCESS--If you will be studying abroad in the Spring 2017 semester but want to be considered for an RA position in 17-18 academic year, you must go through the Early Process:
- Tuesday, December 6, 2016: Early Process Applications Due in the West Hall Office at Noon.
- Thursday, December 8, 2016: Early Process Individual Interviews
- Friday, December 10, 2016: Early Group Process from 2-5pm (if necessary)
REGULAR PROCESS--This is the normal timeline for all students interested in a position for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Friday, February 3, 2017: Completed Applications DUE in the West Hall Office at Noon.
- Friday, February 5, 2017: Group Process Interviews from 4-6pm & 7-9pm, Location TBD
- February 12-15, 2017: Individual Interviews, Library (Room TBD)
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017: Hiring Notifications E-mailed to all Candidates
Who can answer my questions?
Another option is to talk with your RA or an RA you know, or any ResLife professional staff member, to learn more about what it means to be an RA.
- Housing & Residential Life Home
- About Us
- Prospective Residents
- Current Residents
- Housing Options
- Moving In & Out Information
- Reservation Requests
- Important Forms
- Cancellation Info
- Employment Opportunities
- National Residence Hall Honorary
- Residential Housing Association
- Summer Camps and Conferences
- Contact Us