Information for the RA Selection Process for the 2016-2017 academic year found here!
What is a Resident Assistant?
The Resident Assistant (RA) supplements and complements the process of formal education by enhancing the quality of life in the residential community. The RA provides leadership for all residents and assists in planning of educational and social activities that make the group living experience support student learning & retention. The RAs are vital members of our team and are our front lines for communication and development of our residential students.
Read the RA Job Description for more details!
What are the benefits of becoming an RA?
- Meet new people
- Develop leadership skills
- Plan fun events
- Build your resume with transferable skills in communication, critical thinking, emergency response, conflict resolution, administrative tasks, and more
- Free housing and a stipend
Where do I apply?
You must attend one of our informational sessions to receive an application packet.
These sessions are taking place:
- Sunday, November 22, 2015: 5:00pm, West Hall Classroom
- Wednesday, January 13, 2016: 4:30pm, University Center, Sunnen Lounge
- Tuesday, January 19, 2016: 9:30pm, University Center, Sunnen Lounge
If you cannot attend an RA Info Session, you must schedule a meeting with Mike Webster or Justin Frederick to go over the information. You can set up a meeting by calling Mike or Justin at 314-246-4663 or emailing wither of them at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the timeline?
EARLY PROCESS--If you will be studying abroad in the Spring 2015 semester but want to be considered for an RA position in 15-16 academic year, you must go through the Early Process:
- Tuesday, December 8, 2015: Early Process Applications Due in the West Hall Office at Noon.
- Thursday, December 10, 2015: Early Process Individual Interviews
- Friday, December 11, 2015: Early Group Process from 2-5pm
REGULAR PROCESS--This is the normal timeline for all students interested in a position for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Friday, January 29, 2016: Completed Applications DUE in the West Hall Office at Noon.
- Friday, February 5, 2016: Group Process Interviews from 6-9pm
- February 7-10, 2016: Individual Interviews
- Tuesday, February 16, 2016: Hiring Notifications Emailed to all Candidates
Who can answer my questions?
Another option is to talk with your RA or an RA you know, or any ResLife professional staff member, to learn more about what it means to be an RA.
- Housing & Residential Life Home
- About Us
- Prospective Residents
- Current Residents
- Housing Options
- Moving In & Out Information
- Reservation Requests
- Important Forms
- Employment Opportunities
- National Residence Hall Honorary
- Residential Housing Association
- Summer Camps and Conferences
- Contact Us