Fall 2013 Move-In
Housing Assignments for Fall 2013 will be emailed in mid-July to your Webster email address. If you have not received your housing assignment, or if you have questions related to housing, please contact the Residential Life Office at 314-246-4663 or email@example.com.
Webster Village Apartments Residents: Wednesday, August 21, 2013--starting at 9:00 a.m.
Freshmen Residents in West and Maria Halls: Thursday, August 22, 2013--arrival times designated by floor
Upperclassmen Residents in East and Maria Halls: Friday, August 23, 2013--arrival times designated by floor
In extenuating circumstances, a student can request an early move-in by submitting a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests will be evaluated, and if approved, notification about the early arrival policy will be sent to the student. There is an early arrival fee of $25 a day.
If you are moving in mid-year (anytime other than the start of the fall semester in August), you should be receiving an e-mail with your housing assignment, move-in instructions, and other important information. These emails go to your Webster email address, so make sure you are checking it on a regular basis.
If you have not received an email with your housing assignment, or if you have any questions about move-in, please contact the Office of Housing and Residential Life at email@example.com or at 314-246-4663.
Moving Out Prior to End of Spring Semester
If you are moving out at the end of a term or semester before the end of the academic year, you will receive an email from Housing and Residential Life or from the Webster Village Apartments with instructions on picking up your check-out packet and turning in your keys. Please be aware that you are responsible for cleaning your room or apartment prior to move-out. A ResLife staff member will assess your room after you have moved out for damages or cleaning charges.
Moving Out at End of Spring Semester
Please be aware that you are responsible for cleaning your room or apartment prior to move-out. A ResLife staff member will assess your room after you have moved out for damages or cleaning charges. If you are not returning to campus housing, your $150 security deposit will be refunded, minus any charges due to damages or cleaning, within two months. If you do not check out at your designated checkout time, or if you fail to meet the check-out requirements in any way, there is a $50 improper checkout charge. Please review the Check-Out Information below for more specifics.
Move-out Deadlines for Spring 2013
- Residents in West, East, and Maria Halls--5:00pm on Friday, May 10, 2013
- Non-Graduating Undergraduate Residents in the Webster Village Apartments--9:00am on Saturday, May 11, 2013
- Undergraduate Graduating Residents in the Webster Village Apartments--12:00pm on Sunday, May 12, 2013
- Graduate Student Residents in the Webster Village Apartments--9:00am on Saturday, May 18, 2013
Requesting Extensions Past Move-Out Date
If you need an extension past the move-out deadline, go to this ONLINE FORM; here you will list the reason an extension is needed and the date upon which you are requesting to move out. This request must be submitted prior to Tuesday, April 30, 2013. Not all requests will be granted. You will receive an email by May 3, 2013, informing you if your extension has been granted. There is a daily fee of $25 for staying past the move-out date.
The only housing option for the summer is the Webster Village Apartments. If you would like to live on campus in the summer, please stop by the WVA Clubhouse Office or ResLife Office to sign the Summer Housing Contract.
The priority deadline for students to complete the Summer Housing Contract is Monday, April 15, 2013. The final deadline is Tuesday, April 30, 2013.
For summer rate information, please visit the following website: http://www.webster.edu/housing/prospective/rates.
- If you are aware of maintenance issues, turn in a work order for your space as soon as possible. We prefer to receive these work orders before you move out so that maintenance can begin fixing the issues.
- Arrange for transportation/storage of personal items within 24 hours of your last final.
- One check-out option is an Express Check-Out. To do this option, you will complete an Express Check-Out Packet. You should be completely moved out of your space and ready to turn in your keys when you go to complete the Express Check-Out Packet. These packets will be available in the office after Friday, May 3, 2013. For East and West Hall residents, packets will be in the ResLife Office in West Hall. For WVA and Maria Hall residents, packets will be in the WVA Clubhouse Office.
- The other check-out option is an RA Check-Out. To do this option, you will sign up for a check-out time with your RA. When your check-out time arrives, your RA will assess your space on the unit condition report, have you complete some paperwork, and accept the keys to your room.
- If you have rented a CABLE BOX, turn it into the Office of Housing and Residential Life. This should include Cable Box, Remote, Power Brick and Cord, S Video Cable and 2 connectors 1 small and 1 large.
- If you rented a LOFT KIT, make sure all pieces are in your room at move out. This includes 2 End pieces, 1 connector bar, 2 C-Brackets and 4 Pegs. Bags for hardware are available in the Office of Housing and Residential Life.
- If you had an ethernet cord or cable cord, please return those when you check out. If you don't return an ethernet or cable cord, you will be charged $15 each.
- If you received a parking permit for the WVA, and you are checking out prior to the end of the spring semester, you must return this permit. Failure to return the permit could result in a $120 charge. If you are checking out at the end of the spring semester, you do not need to return the permit.
- If you received a $30 linen pack at move-in (with toiletries, sheets, towel, washcloth, blanket, pillow), you can receive a $10 credit on your student account by returning the linens when you move out.
- After removing your personal items, you are responsible for cleaning bathrooms, bedroom, furniture, and blinds, in addition to removing all trash to the dumpsters located in the parking lot. The last one leaving the room should close windows and blinds, turn off the lights, and close and lock door. ResHalls, set thermostats at 75 degrees. WVA, turn off heat/AC completely.
- HAVE A SAFE AND FUN SUMMER!!!
Appeals Process for Room Cleaning/Damage Charges
- After you have checked out, your room condition will be documented by Resident Assistants in the community.
- The room condition will be reported to the Community Director, who will determine if there are any damages.
- Damages will be billed to your student account following your check-out. For check-outs at the end of the spring semester, these should be posted after June 1.
- You will also receive an email to your Webster University email account briefly describing the damages and the amount being charged to your account.
- To appeal any damage charges, you need to provide a written statement describing why you should not be responsible for the damages. All appeals must be done in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 314-246-4664, or mailed to 240 Edgar Road, St. Louis, MO 63119.
- All appeals must be received no later than one month following the date they were posted to your account. For check-outs at the end of the spring semester, the deadline to submit appeals is July 1.
- You should receive a decision on your appeal within 20 days. For check-outs at the end of the spring semester, you will receive a decision on your appeal by July 20.
- Housing & Residential Life Home
- About Us
- Prospective Residents
- Current Residents
- Housing Options
- Moving Information
- Reservation Requests
- Important Forms
- Employment Opportunities
- National Residence Hall Honorary
- Residential Housing Association
- Summer Camps and Conferences
- Contact Us